Top wages and an excellent benefits package including health, dental, vision, 401k, life, flexible spending and more!
Simon Contractors was founded over 60 years ago in 1954 by James E. Simon. In December, 1994, the growth, diversity and quality work of Simon Contractors got the attention of Colas and they acquired Simon Contractors.
Since its inception, Simon Contractors has completed projects in most states west of the Mississippi River. Today, Simon Contractors, a Colas company, still operates with the integrity, quality and reliability it was founded on over 60 years ago - a distinction the company is proud to have fostered, and one that it is determined to continue.
We are currently looking for qualified candidates for the position of:
CONCRETE PLANT FOREMAN / DISPATCHER
Summary: Responsible for daily operation of a concrete ready-mix plant, including safety, compliance, quality control, and dispatch of drivers to deliver product to customer sites.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following; other duties may be assigned:
- Ensure the highest standards are achieved and maintained in terms of safety, quality, and efficiency
- Effectively coordinate the day-to-day work environment and staff to ensure safety, regulatory, and production targets are met
- Assist with training, coaching and development of employees to perform at their highest level
- Maintain effective relationships with customers, suppliers, and Company business groups
- Effectively communicate with customers and drivers in person, over the phone, and on company radio channels
- Quote prices and receive orders for company products such as ready mix concrete, aggregate, and miscellaneous resale products
- Establish delivery schedules according to factors including truck capacity, delivery site distance, and unloading time
- Use computer system to enter and maintain customer data, manage dispatch schedule, prepare reports, and respond to e-mail correspondence
- Batch and inspect concrete loads to ensure consistency of mix
- Prepare invoices, delivery tickets, and related shipping documents; assign drivers for scheduled deliveries
- Receive payments (including cash) for shipments from drivers; prepare reports of cash and charge sales
- Coordinate scheduling of plant equipment maintenance
- Order and maintain inventory of raw materials supply
- Safely operate equipment, tooling, and company vehicles
- Actively support and lead Company initiatives related to safety and employee development
- Other duties and projects as assigned
Requirements and Working Conditions:
- Prior experience in ready-mix operations or construction industry preferred
- Self-directed, results-oriented, and highly motivated, requiring minimal direct guidance
- Ability to lead and motivate others; prior experience effectively managing a team preferred
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities, problem-solve, and work under consistent pressure of deadlines
- Valid drivers’ license and ability to maintain a clean motor vehicle record required; Class B Commercial license, or ability to obtain within 6 months of hire preferred
- Basic computer skills, including MS Office products
- Some exposure to work near moving mechanical parts and heavy machinery; required to work from heights
- Regularly exposed to all outdoor weather conditions and loud noises; including some exposure to fumes or airborne particles
- Regularly required to lift and /or move up to 50 pounds with or without assistance
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is frequently required to climb or balance
- Some travel may be required; particularly during training period
Note: Position summary shown may not include ALL of the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities required. Simon Contractors uses E-Verify to confirm employment eligibility.
SIMON CONTRACTORS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION, GENDER/RACE/DISABLED/VETERAN, DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE EMPLOYER
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.