*This is a part-time (20 hours/week) position*
DTN delivers actionable insights to empower our customers’ success on a daily basis in the agriculture, energy, weather, financial analytics and transportation markets. We believe that when our customers are supported with the most reliable and innovative information to the Nth Degree, they prosper and we all win.
DTN is based in Burnsville, Minnesota with offices globally. The Role Reporting to the Global HR Operations Leader who is based out of our Omaha, NE location, the HR Coordinator position supports all areas of Human Resources. The day to day activities include responding to employee questions, assisting with talent acquisition and on-boarding activities, generating requested reports and working on a variety of projects as assigned.
- Answers frequently asked questions from applicants and employees relative to standard policies, benefits, hiring processes, etc.; refers more complex questions to appropriate senior-level HR staff or management.
- Maintains the integrity and confidentiality of human resource files and records.
- Acts as a liaison between the organization and external benefits providers and vendors, which may include health, disability, and retirement plan providers.
- Assists with planning and execution of special events such as benefits enrollment, organization-wide meetings, employee recognition events, and training events. • Provides recruitment support; candidate correspondence, interview scheduling and candidate travel coordination.
- Coordinates on-boarding and off-boarding activities; pre-employment screening, workspace setup, collecting new hire paperwork, scheduling orientation, scheduling exit interviews, processing termination paperwork.
- Collects and maintains HR paperwork
- Drafts employee communications.
- Work on various special HR projects.
- Arranges and coordinates logistics (conference call setup, catering, etc.) employee, client and/or guest meetings, etc.
- Relays urgent/key messages in a timely manner, including prioritization of incoming calls and requests.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 1+ years administrative support and/or face-to-face customer service experience in a professional office environment. Human resources and/or technology industry experience preferred.
- Intermediate MS Office skills with the ability and desire to learn new technology quickly.
- Professional and approachable presence.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and proactive problem-solving skills.
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Ability to take ownership and prioritize multiple projects.
- Self-directed; ability to make decisions and resolve problems with little supervision.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
DTN is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D