DTN currently has an outstanding opportunity for a passionate individual to join our team as a Software QA Engineer. This individual is responsible for ensuring the quality of software solutions. This includes the definition of test strategies, test plans, test automation, and test execution thru to final production deployment. The ideal candidate will be customer focused and demonstrate a solid understanding of all types of testing in a distributed application environment.
• Develop, apply and maintain test strategies, test plans and test scripts.
• Develop, debug, and maintain manual and automated tests for new and existing features.
• Follow established process for defect tracking and reporting, including logging defects in a detailed and reproducible way.
• Analyze formal test results in order to discover, document, and resolve defects.
• Ensure that new software meets functional requirements, system compliance, and interface specifications.
• Provide reporting and documentation for all testing efforts.
• Collaborate with teams to develop and promote quality assurance processes and systems to improve overall quality.
• Estimate testing requirements for input into planning efforts.
• Communicate test estimate, test progress, test results, and other relevant information to project stakeholders and management.
Qualifications: Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or related field is required.
•Minimum 4 years of experience working with web applications in both waterfall and agile\scrum environment.
•Experience in automation framework development & test automation (Java, C#, Selenium, VB Script), or have the ability to learn and excel in the use of an automated testing framework and develop automated tests.
•Experience testing web services (REST and SOAP).
•Experience with relational database systems, including Oracle and SQL query development.
•Experience w/ basic Unix and FTP commands. • Must be self-directed with a high degree of initiative.
•Must have experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
•Problem solving skills and an ability to think outside the box.
•Ability to manage time, meet deadlines, organize and prioritize work effectively.
DTN is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
|Date Posted||October 13, 2019|
|Date Closes||November 12, 2019|
|Located In||Omaha, NE|
|Job Type||Full-time Employee|
|Experience Level||Intermediate (3-7 yrs. experience)|
|SOC Category||15-1099.01 Software Quality Assurance Engineers and Testers|
This job offers the following benefits
This job requires the following skills
This job is related other jobs in these career categories
Course(s) relevant to the skills listed for this position