Machinist / Tool Maker
Phillips Manufacturing Co. Omaha, NE
To plan and layout work, set up and operate any and all types of machine tools used in machining work. Responsible for the manufacture of components and assemblies to tolerances as directed by drawings, sketches or other forms of instruction. Make necessary mechanical repairs on any equipment in the plant.
- Performs precision machine work in order to create, assemble, disassemble, modify or repair machines, apparatus, mechanical devises and subassemblies. Makes, fits and installs parts.
- Successfully read and interprets drawings, sketches and diagrams.
- Set up, adjust, or operate basic or specialized machine tools used to perform precision machining operations.
- Uses precision measurement and layout tools, including micrometers, calipers, rules, squares and compass, applying shop mathematics and formulae to correctly formulate the project.
- Successfully operates all machine shop power tools including lathes, mills, drill press, punch press, saws, shears and brakes, applying knowledge of machining properties of various metals.
- Successful understanding of programming/operation of CNC lathes, mills and AutoCAD.
- Successfully operate and program numerically controlled machines lathes drills, mills, and other related equipment to fabricate parts.
- Builds and/or modifies equipment in accordance to established specifications to meet specific project requirements.
- Repairs and/or modifies existing and new products accordance with established specifications and procedures.
- Ensures proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies; promotes continuous improvement of workplace safety and environmental practices.
- Continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer service.
- Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Observe all facility safety rules and regulations, wear proper safety attire at all times.
- Adhere to all organizational policies and procedures.
| Date Posted
October 27, 2018
| Date Closes
November 26, 2018
| Located In
| SOC Category