Phillips Manufacturing Co. Omaha, NE
Phillips Manufacturing, one of the nation's foremost names in the custom drywall and plaster components industry is looking for talent to join our team.
Specifically, we are currently searching for a Technician to join our operation at our Omaha, NE location. We are considering candidates for the 2nd (Afternoon Turn) shift.
The following is additional information designed to assist you in determining if you would like to be considered as a candidate for this opportunity:
Responsible for electrical and mechanical installation, repairs and upkeep on equipment and facilities. Performs tasks independently or as part of a work crew.
- Receives instructions, prints and work orders.
- Responsible for periodic inspection of all equipment, its adjustments and repair where required.
- Perform such duties as dismantling, moving, installing and repairing of machines and related equipment.
- Performs scheduled maintenance repairs of a mechanical/electrical nature.
- Perform emergency/unscheduled repairs of a mechanical/electrical nature to equipment during production.
- Plans details of working procedure and determines tools and material requirements.
- Understand and interpret prints and wiring diagrams of complex circuits and equipment.
- Prepare sketches or follow blueprints to determine the location of wiring or equipment and to ensure conformance to building and safety codes.
- Work from ladders, scaffolds, or roofs to install, maintain, or repair electrical wiring, equipment, or fixtures.
- Keep work area clean and orderly.
- Make any sketches when prints are not available
- Regular and dependable attendance and punctuality, including being available for overtime whether offered on a voluntary or mandatory basis.
- Observe all plant safety rules and regulations, wear proper safety attire at all times.
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list of what this excellent opportunity will provide to the successful candidate.
A pre-employment drug screen and background check is required of the chosen candidates. Candidates must be at least 18 years of age and able to lift and carry up to 60lbs repetitively.
Experience and Skills
- Knowledge of and ability to apply knowledge to the proper operation, use and maintenance and repair of machinery and equipment.
- Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principals involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
- Ability to read and understand complex drawings and blueprints.
- Ability to read and understand precision measuring equipment.
- Ability to reason through problems involving operation
- Ability to visually check equipment to detect adjustments.
- Ability to listen and understand directions.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers.
- Ability to perform strenuous work in all weather conditions
- Ability to adhere to all organizational policies and procedures.
Pervious manufacturing maintenance experience is a plus.
High School Degree and/or equivalent experience
Works in manufacturing production environment and performs a significant amount of work in all spaces within all facilities; may need to work outside in all types of weather or in all kinds of work environments.
This position offers a competitive wage as well as a tremendous opportunity for development and growth with our strong, stable and growing company. A solid benefits package consisting of medical & dental insurance, life insurance, disability plans, paid time off and a 401k retirement plan is also available.
| Date Posted
August 13, 2017
| Date Closes
September 12, 2017
| Located In
| SOC Category