Ready Mixed Concrete, a NEBCO Company, operates four Ready Mixed plants in Lincoln, Nebraska and 17 plants throughout southeast and central Nebraska, including Auburn, Aurora, Beatrice, Central City, Crete, Fairbury, Falls City, Hebron, Kearney, Nebraska City, Palmyra, Silver Creek, Strang, St. Paul, Syracuse, Tecumseh and York. For more information about Ready Mixed Concrete, visit www.readymixedconcrete.com.
NEBCO’s story has been one of longevity, diversity and continued growth. NEBCO is a fourth-generation, family-owned and operated business, with more than 1,100 employees spanning 50 locations across Nebraska. Since 1908 NEBCO has grown to become one of Nebraska’s most diversified and successful privately-owned businesses. For more information about NEBCO, visit www.nebcoinc.com.
Ready Mixed is looking for a high performing, results-oriented Intern to join our team. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, hard worker, and reliable. Ready Mixed has endless opportunities for advancement and growth.
Assignments under superintendent or plant manager
Gaining plant experience and understanding plant production
Gaining valuable experience on equipment and plant capabilities
Working in and gaining a better understanding of how to best perform plant and construction activities
Understanding plant and construction means and methods
Interacting and gaining respect from team members
Understanding plant operating systems and other operating systems
Understanding and actively participating in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established policies, procedures & training
Working with the Quality Control team to understand the full life cycle of our products
Performing other duties as assigned
- Developing knowledge and understanding of construction methods, materials and sequence
- Good written and oral communication skills-bilingual helpful, strong initiative, problem solving abilities
- Ability to learn company systems and software
- Ability to review and understand company document
- Ability to operate within a team and support the goals of the project
- Observes safety and security procedures
- A commitment to personal learning and development
- Dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers
- Practices attentive and active listening
- Must be actively enrolled in school working towards completing college
- Must be pursuing a degree in Construction Management , Engineering or related field
- Must have strong attention to detail
- Must have a valid Driver’s License
- Ability to meet the hours and business commitment required of the job
The individual must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
The individual is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; talk or hear; use hands & fingers to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; climb or balance; and reach with hands and arms
Specific vision abilities required by this job include: Close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less), Distance Vision (clear vision at 20 feet or more), Color Vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors), Depth Perception (three-dimensional vision, ability to judge distances and spatial relationships), Ability to Adjust Focus (ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus)
This is a tobacco free campus and environment.
Condition of Employment
Candidate is required to meet the above qualifications, task frequency and PPE requirements. Approval of pre-employment reference & background checks, and post offer drug/alcohol testing with back screens (if required) are conditions of employment.
Phone: Call us at 402-434-1212
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
If you want to view the EEO is the Law poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Arabic - Chinese
If you want to view the EEO is the Law Supplement poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Chinese
If you want to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement, please click the link: English