CATCH Intelligence is looking for a talented Data Scientist. The Data Scientist is tasked with solving our most complex quantitative, statistical, and data-oriented problems. This role will use a powerful blend of business acumen, analytics, mathematics, programming, and modeling to provide strategic recommendations, insights, and products across a diverse set of business areas and industries.
Functional projects typically include deep-dive operational analyses, data wrangling and processing, programmatic automation, and predictive modeling. Our data scientist roles operate both independently and collaboratively with wide-latitude, moving in and out of dynamic teams and are often asked to tackle complicated questions that require creative solutions; candidates should be highly inquisitive, self-motivated, strong communicators, and have the ability to map out solutions with a starting point and end goal..
By supporting teams that span the entire organization, we operate in a fun, fast-paced, and engaging environment that brings new and unique challenges every day.
• Conduct advanced analyses and statistical deep-dives, with a focus on producing actionable recommendations and strategic guidance for decision makers.
• Develop and deploy custom models and algorithms using Python, R, and machine learning platforms..
• Mine, clean, process, transform and join data from a variety of sources.
• Identify, wrangle, scrape, and assemble new data sources from the web, data aggregators, and public sources.
• Build rich, interactive reports, dashboards and visualizations.
• Compile and present key findings and reports to key stakeholders, including senior leadership.
• Continuously seek out opportunities to add value through programmatic solutions to manual tasks.
• Be a subject matter expert within the data science field. Continuously learn, grow, and explore new emerging technologies.
• Be a mentor, role-model, and resource for junior analysts and team members.
• Be an exceptional problem solver, source of creative solutions, and take the initiative to share new ideas, methodologies and strategies.
Bachelor’s degree required in a Quantitative or Programming discipline. Quantitative disciplines are those that require a heavy amount of mathematics, statistics or analysis, including (but not limited to) fields such as Math, Physics, Finance or Economics.
3+ years of experience in data analysis, or completion of a bachelor’s/master’s degree program specifically within Data Science. 2+ years of programming experience. Significant experience working with large, complex data sets and common data science tools.
COMPETENCIES – SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES:
• Exceptional ability to analyze and synthesize data.
• Advanced proficiency in SQL, R and Python. Experience working with database and ETL tools.
• Experience designing, building, deploying, and validating machine learning models, ideally within a business framework.
• Core understanding of statistical concepts and methods.
• Competency in the MS Office Suite.
• Highly accountable and inquisitive, able to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced dynamic environment. Self-motivated.
• Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills for coordinating across teams. Polished presentation skills preferred.
|Date Posted||June 25, 2020|
|Date Closes||July 25, 2020|
|Located In||Omaha, NE|
|Job Type||Full-time Employee|
|SOC Category||15-2031.00 Operations Research Analysts|
This job requires the following skills
This job is related to other jobs in these career categories
Course(s) relevant to the skills listed for this position