Catch Intelligence Omaha, NE
We are searching for a meticulous and experienced Data Architect to join our talented team. For this role, the central responsibility for the Data Architect will be to develop, optimize and oversee our enterprise’s conceptual and logical data systems. Hands-on experience with SQL, Oracle & Sybase is also required. Ideally the candidate should be familiar with predictive analysis and data visualization techniques using relevant tools (e.g. PowerBI, Clik). Duties will include preparing architectural diagrams, assisting in tasks that align with current data strategy, ensuring consistent architectural adherence across the organization, assisting in influencing and presenting recommendations and reports to leadership, monitoring the system, and supervising system migrations. The ideal candidate will also have proven experience in data analysis and management, with excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Data Science, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or relevant field.
- Complete understanding of software development lifecycle
- Ability to develop data architecture solutions and present those solutions to business leadership
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience in a similar role (e.g. data architect, data scientist, etc.)
- Minimum 7 years Sybase of SQL Server database experience
- Strong knowledge of DBMS and data mining. Understand the principles of data management; data modeling; data governance; metadata management; data design and integration
- Experience in Big Data (e.g. Data Lake, Data Vault, Data Hub) and Data Warehouse architectures; dimensional data modeling; and BI Solutions Delivery
- Experience in moving data as a service across the enterprise
- Knowledge of Windows or Unix operating system
- Familiar with Microsoft Office tools such as Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Ability to analyze complex problems and identify appropriate solutions
- A wide degree of creativity and lateral thinking is expected
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to present reports, materials and presentations to business and executive leadership
- Ability to astutely operate in the organization (well respected, influential, organization-wide perspective)
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with leaders, customers and team members
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and handle multiple tasks
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Financial industry knowledge a plus
- Provide a standard common business vocabulary
- Express strategic data requirements and recommend solutions and influence stakeholders to improve new and existing database systems.
- Outline high level integrated designs to meet the requirements, which will be used to implement effective database solutions and models to store and retrieve company data.
- Examine and identify database structural necessities by evaluating client operations, applications, and programming to ensure alignment with Enterprise strategy and related business architecture
- Assess database implementation procedures to ensure they comply with internal and external regulations.
- Install and organize information systems to guarantee company functionality.
- Prepare accurate database design and architecture reports for management and executive teams.
- Oversee the migration of data from legacy systems to new solutions.
- Monitor the system performance by performing regular tests, troubleshooting and integrating new features.
- Educate staff members through training and individual support.
- Offer support by responding to system problems in a timely manner.
- Organizes data at the macro level
- Organizes data at the micro level, data models, for any new applications
- Provides logical data model as a standard for the “true source” and for consuming applications to inherit
- Provides logical data model with elements and business rules needed for the creation of data quality rules
- Develop and maintain functional, technical and end user documentation
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to travel regionally up to 30%
| Date Posted
August 20, 2019
| Date Closes
September 19, 2019
| Located In
| Job Type
| Start Date
| SOC Category
15-1051.00 Computer Systems Analysts
This job offers the following benefits
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Prescription Drug Plan
- Short-Term Disability
- Bereavement Pay
- Cafeteria / Food
- Casual Dress
- Employee Referral Program
- Flexible Hours
- Holiday Party
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacations
- Merit Increases
- Productivity Rewards
This job is related other jobs in these career categories