The Software Product Manager is responsible for delivering the vision and profitability of a product line. The Product Manager works closely with the CTO and various teams to make business decisions and create product strategies that ensure the company’s long-term sustainability. In the execution of these strategies, the Product Manager works with CATCH departments to ensure corporate goals are met on time and on budget while client and market needs are met.
The Product Manager works with the Technical and Sales teams to build and enhance products from approved plans, and help develop new concepts based on industry research and the needs of customers and prospects. A Product Manager possesses a unique blend of business and technical savvy, a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality. A Product Manager conducts market research including working in the field to understand target audience needs and issues, and find innovative solutions for existing and new market segments. The Product Manager will stay on top of current trends and contribute input toward long term plans for the success of the product line.
The Product Manager is the champion for the product and must communicate with all areas of the company. He or she will work with the CTO and development team to define product requirements.
The Product Manager will work with Sales and Marketing Support to define the go-to-market strategy, helping them understand the product positioning, key benefits, and target customers. The Product Manager will also serve as an internal and external subject matter expert for product offerings, working with the CTO, sales channel, and key clients.
The Product Manager is also responsible for the financial sustainability of the products, managing product health and product lifecycles.
- Managing the product line life cycle from contributing to the strategic planning to tactical activities.
- Continuous focus on improving Customer Satisfaction results on our Products and our related consulting services.
- Manage product development team including Developers, Business Analysts, and QAs / Testers.
- Specifying market requirements for current and future products by conducting market research using multiple channels supported by on-going calls and visits to customers and prospects.
- Provide input to the feature roadmap for CATCH’s products based on business opportunities and market research.
- Evangelize the product roadmap which defines product enhancements for short- and long-term releases.
- Assist with developing and implementing a company-wide go-to-market plan, overseeing interdepartmental activities to execute plans.
- Create feature descriptions to provide guidance to the development team and work with the CTO and development team on final designs.
- Coordinate detailed specifications and development estimates.
- Become a subject matter expert in the product’s markets and provide input and leadership to technology R&D efforts.
- Responsible for product launch and release plans. Coordinates external product launches working with Marketing Support and internal product launches working with CTO and Consulting Operations Manager for training of various teams.
- Help develop and deploy key market messages and communication strategies for the product line with Marketing Support team.
- Monitor and analyze new technologies and inform the CTO of their potential applications to our business.
- Work with the CTO to develop, and when necessary, deliver concise and meaningful presentations for internal and external audiences, including education and training of sales staff, training of support groups, and presentations at user groups and key customer accounts.
- With the CTO, assist as liaison between Sales, Software Development, Marketing Support, and Technical Support teams to support product positioning and customer demand as part of product development.
- Act as a product champion within the company.
- Assist the CTO in creating and maintaining reports to monitor budget use in development and QA for products.
- Basic knowledge of web development platforms, databases and infrastructure.
- Corporate BI and Analytics experience a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience combined with some postsecondary education.
- Product Management experience a plus.
- Computer-literate in Windows, Microsoft Office and Microsoft SharePoint.
Further qualities and attributes that aid in the success of this role are:
- Work well under pressure and be able to prioritize to meet deadlines and quickly shift priorities as necessary.
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and demonstrate keen attention to details.
- Ability to communicate with diplomacy and tact, and communicate ideas including responding to resistance and criticism.
- Ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority.
- Team player attitude is mandatory.
- Positive attitude and demonstrated optimism are necessary.
- Project management skills to understand project plans and aid in communication to others are beneficial.