Senior Claims Specialist - Bodily Injury
IAT Insurance Group Omaha, NE
IAT has an immediate need for a Senior Claims Specialist in our Omaha, Nebraska location. The position is responsible for attaining optimal results on the most severe cases facing the Claims operation. Claims typically have exposure of $100K+ including litigated and non-litigated bodily injury claims.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Handles complex exposure claims relative to Garage Bodily Injury, based on Claim Guidelines, where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors
- Presents case to Sr. Management for reserving, trial, direction, as required by Claim Guidelines. Verifies/analyzes applicable coverage for the reported loss.
- Establishes 24-hour contact and maintain appropriate contact with all involved stakeholders throughout the life of the claim file.
- Investigates each claim by gathering information, conducting interviews, taking statements, conducting website research as needed, reviewing and analyzing reports and related bills.
- Identifies and addresses subrogation/contribution/SIU opportunities.
- Sets accurate/timely loss/expense reserves in compliance with Claim Guidelines.
- Evaluates, negotiates, and authorizes settlements with all stakeholders within designated authority.
- Selects, directs and manages Vendors/Counsel including approval of defense budgets.
- Negotiates directly with claimants and claimant attorneys upon receipt of critical information.
- Drafts correspondence, including but not limited to, coverage letters to stakeholders as required.
- Maintains resident/nonresident adjuster licenses as required.
- Travel as required to handle catastrophic claims, attend mediations, settlement conferences, administrative hearings and trials.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree (JD Preferred) with 8 years of relevant experience with Bodily Injury claims or equivalent work experience.
- Equivalent experience would be 12 years’ experience handling Bodily Injury claims.
- Litigation experience is a must.
- Coverage experience is a must.
- Partial completion of AIC, CPCU, or other similar program preferred.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to communicate internally and externally.
- Excellent critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and customer service skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to set priorities and multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to obtain Non-resident adjuster licensing in applicable states.
- Must be able to travel.
- To qualify, all applicants must be authorized to work in the United States and must not require, now or in the future, VISA sponsorship for employment purposes.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. We participate in E-Verify.
| Date Posted
August 9, 2017
| Date Closes
September 8, 2017
1314 Douglas Steet
| Located In
| Job Type
Salary, Based on Experience
40 hours per week
| SOC Category
13-1031.02 Insurance Adjusters, Examiners, and Investigators
This job offers the following benefits
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Dependent-Care Spending Accounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Health-Care Spending Accounts
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Business Travel Accident Insurance
- Dependent Life Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Short-Term Disability
- Supplemental Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance
This job is related other jobs in these career categories