Claims Specialist - Bodily Injury
IAT Insurance Group Omaha, NE
IAT has an immediate need for a Claim Specialist in our Omaha, Nebraska location. The position is responsible for the handling of Bodily Injury claims that are moderate to complex in scope and will determine the extent of company's liability and attempt to effect out-of-court settlement with claimant.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Handles moderate to complex exposure claims relative to Bodily Injury claims, based on Claim Guidelines.
- Verifies/analyzes applicable coverage for the reported loss.
- Establishes 24-hour contact and maintain appropriate contact with all involved stakeholders throughout the life of the claim file.
- Investigates each claim by gathering information, conducting interviews, taking statements, conducting website research as needed, reviewing and analyzing reports and related bills.
- Identifies and addresses subrogation/contribution/SIU opportunities.
- Sets accurate/timely loss/expense reserves in compliance with Claim Guidelines.
- Evaluates, negotiates, and authorizes settlements with all stakeholders within designated authority.
- Selects, directs and manages Vendors/Counsel including approval of defense budgets.
- Negotiates directly with claimants and claimant attorneys upon receipt of critical information.
- Drafts correspondence, including but not limited to, coverage letters to stakeholders as required.
- Maintains resident/nonresident adjuster licenses as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors’ degree with 5 years’ of relevant experience related to Bodily Injury claims or equivalent experience.
- Equivalent experience is defined as 9 years of Commercial Bodily Injury experience.
- Litigation experience is a must.
- Coverage experience is a must
- Experience with commercial Auto is preferred.
- Partial completion of AIC, CPCU, or other similar program preferred.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to communicate internally and externally.
- Excellent critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and customer service skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to set priorities and multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- To qualify, all applicants must be authorized to work in the United States and must not require, now or in the future, VISA sponsorship for employment purposes.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. We participate in E-Verify.
| Date Posted
August 9, 2017
| Date Closes
September 8, 2017
1314 Douglas Street
| Located In
| Job Type
Salary, Based on Experience
| SOC Category
13-1031.02 Insurance Adjusters, Examiners, and Investigators
This job offers the following benefits
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Health-Care Spending Accounts
- Profit Sharing
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Business Travel Accident Insurance
- Dependent Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Maternity / Paternity / Family Leave
- Prescription Drug Plan
- Salary Continuation
- Short-Term Disability
- Supplemental Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Flexible Hours
- Free Parking
- Holiday Party
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacations
- Relocation Assistance
- Sick Leave
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Unpaid Leaves of Absence
- Wellness Program
- Workout Facilities
- Merit Increases
This job is related other jobs in these career categories