Kitchen Helper for North Middle School - 5.5 hours per day!
Begin your career with Millard Public Schools, renowned for providing outstanding education and a fantastic place to work! If you are good-natured, detail-oriented, and strive for excellence every day, apply now to join our team!
Millard Public Schools is searching for a hard-working, reliable kitchen helper for North Middle School to assist with the preparation, serving, and clean-up of food for students, Monday - Friday, 7:30a - 1:30p. Enjoy a rewarding position, providing nourishment for kids in a fun, dynamic environment!
- Perform assigned duties associated with the preparation of meals. Cook and bake food, prepare individual portions, and perform other food preparation duties as assigned. (45%)
- Clean and sanitize utensils, dishes, and appliances, machines, and other equipment. Perform general cleaning duties in kitchen. (25%)
- Perform miscellaneous food service duties as assigned including acting as a cashier for lunch. Assemble machines, count money, order and store supplies, and secure food in containers for shipment to other school kitchens. (20%)
- Serve prepared food to students. (10%)
- Adjust to change in a dynamic environment, maintaining productivity while handling other essential tasks as assigned.
- Interact positively with students, building staff, and supervisors.
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Experience in high volume food preparation and serving is desired. School kitchen experience is preferred.
- Required upon hire to take Food Handlers Class within 30 days of employment.
- Other requirements:
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with staff, students, and others.
- Ability and willingness to follow work instructions in all areas of food service and maintain a positive attitude toward the food service program.
- Ability to report to work on time and notify manager at the earliest possible time when unable to work.
For immediate consideration, please complete our application from the MPS website. Highly qualified applicants providing at least two references (one supervisory reference) will receive priority consideration. All applicants will receive notifications by email, but only the most qualified will be called for interviews. Please check your email for status updates.
Millard Public Schools