Do you enjoy a FLEXIBLE schedule?
Substitute Kitchen Helpers at Millard Public Schools!
Get your foot in the door with Millard Public Schools, renowned for providing outstanding education and a fantastic place to work! If you are good-natured, team-oriented, and strive for excellence every day, apply now to join our team!
Millard Public Schools is searching for hard-working, reliable substitute kitchen helpers for schools throughout the MPS district!
- Work while your children are in school
- Supplement your income
- Make your own schedule
- Choose when you work
- Determine your paycheck by working as many or as few hours as you like!
Are you a team player? If so, we want to talk to you! Apply now!
Work in various schools, elementary through high school, and experience the satisfaction of preparing and serving fun, nutritious meals to students of all ages. Our best subs are challenged and rewarded by the unexpected every day! This position is ideal for someone who needs flexibility and loves the variety! Get a taste for many environments before committing to one; most of our kitchen subs are quickly hired for regular kitchen positions with benefits.
Essential Job Functions
- Perform assigned duties associated with meal preparation: cook food, prepare individual portions and perform other duties as assigned
- Clean equipment, utensils, dishes, mixers, and machines. Perform general cleaning duties in the kitchen.
- Perform miscellaneous food service duties as assigned, including but not limited to, acting as a cashier for lunch or breakfast service, assembling machines, counting money, storing supplies, and securing food in containers for shipment to other school kitchens
- Serve prepared food to students
- Willingness to follow instructions, work in all areas of food service, and maintain a positive attitude
- Respond to frequent change and be willing to take on additional tasks as assigned
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with peers, staff, students, and others
- Ability to report to work on time and notify managers when not available to work
- High school diploma or equivalent is required
- Food service experience is preferred
- School kitchen experience is desired
- Experience cooking for large groups is desired
Certification or Licensure
Douglas County Food Handler’s Certification (required within 30 days of hire)
To apply, please visit our website: https://millard.tedk12.com/hire/. Highly qualified applicants providing at least two references (one supervisory reference) will receive priority consideration. All applicants will receive notifications by email, but only the most qualified will be called for interviews. Please check your email for status updates.
Millard Public Schools