Production Lead – Millard South High School Kitchen
Millard Public Schools, renowned for providing outstanding education and a fantastic place to work, is seeking a Production Lead for Millard South High School! If you are good-natured, detail-oriented, and strive for excellence every day, apply now to join our team!
Millard Public Schools is searching for a hard-working, reliable Production Lead to assist the Production Manager in day-to-day operations to ensure that a quality breakfast and lunch program is delivered to students and staff daily. Work schedule is 6:00 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. weekdays. Enjoy a rewarding position, providing nourishment for kids in a fun, dynamic environment!
Our food services employees work a school year schedule with opportunities to join other MPS teams in the summer.
- Serve as lead cook guiding and assisting in the training of less experienced cooks.
- Under minimal supervision, independently perform advanced cooking duties in preparing food items to be served to students and staff.
- Taste products, read menus, estimate food requirements, check production, and keep records in order to accurately plan production requirements and requisition supplies and equipment.
- Serve as working lead coordinating activities and training staff members engaged in food operations, such as assisting with preparing production sheets and working with employees and recipes.
- Assist in ensuring a safe working environment throughout the facility for all employees using HACCP, temperature (milk, freezer, refrigerator, line box) logs, and report to Production Manager any service requests and work orders in a timely manner.
- Clean and sanitize work areas and equipment and follow all Sodexo, Millard Public Schools, and regulatory rules and procedures.
- Assist with order (Sysco, Dean Foods, Loffredo, Sara Lee) and inventory control
- Check menus and remove required frozen foods from freezer to refrigerator for thawing for all departments.
- Ensure all pertinent information is on the all production reports and if not obtain the information prior to turning in to Production Manager.
- Perform duties in the absence of the Production Manager.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Apply advanced cooking skills. Adapt procedures, processes, tools, equipment, and techniques to meet the more complex requirements of the position. Substantial working knowledge of food preparation. Must have complete knowledge of all kitchen equipment.
- Apply knowledge of department policies and procedures and utilize a general understanding of other departments’ functions.
- Effectively communicate policies and/or procedures in a manner easily understood by staff members.
- Education or Equivalent Experience: High school diploma or GED or equivalent experience.
- Function Specific Experience: Prefer four or more years of related work experience (K-12) or experience in institutional cooking involving the most complex requirements of the position.
Work under general supervision. Rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish tasks and goals. Orient, train, and check the work of lower level employees.
Assist the Production Manager in the supervision and training of other kitchen staff.
For immediate consideration, please complete our application from the MPS website. Highly qualified applicants providing at least two references (one supervisory reference) will receive priority consideration. All applicants will receive notifications by email, but only the most qualified will be called for interviews. Please check your email for status updates.
Millard Public Schools