Substitute Custodians - Millard Public Schools
Substitute Custodians Needed!
Get your foot in the door with Millard Public Schools!
Enjoy the benefits of a flexible schedule!
Millard Public Schools is renowned for providing outstanding education and a fantastic place to work! If you are good-natured, detail-oriented, and strive for excellence every day, apply now to join our team!
Millard Public Schools is searching for hard-working, reliable substitute custodians for schools throughout the district. Shift times may vary but will primarily be 6:30 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. (day shift) and 2:45 p.m. - 11:15 p.m. (evening shift), Monday through Friday. Hours are not guaranteed, but our substitutes have been extremely busy! Our best sub-custodians regularly work full-time and are some of our strongest candidates for full-time custodial roles! However, if you'd prefer to work just a few shifts a week to supplement your income, that's okay too!
This position requires moderate physical strength to perform routine cleaning tasks, ensuring beautiful, safe facilities for children and MPS staff. Typical duties include cleaning classrooms, conference rooms, lecture halls, study halls, cafeterias, libraries, gymnasiums, locker rooms, restrooms, offices, athletic areas, hallways, common areas, and outside building areas. Additionally, this position requires lamp replacement, operation of mechanical cleaning equipment, removing trash from grounds and playgrounds, watering turf, sweeping sidewalks, and performing other tasks associated with our housekeeping and snow removal programs. Demonstrating acceptable interpersonal skills and relations with co-workers, staff, students, and the general public are requirements for this position.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Floor care including dust mopping, wet mopping, vacuuming, sweeping, scrubbing, stripping, neutralizing, waxing, spot cleaning, stain and gum removal, and shampooing of floors (43%).
- Pick up and empty trash; provide services for the lunch program; change plastic waste bags; clean and dust restrooms, classrooms, chalk/whiteboards, erasers, pencil sharpeners, walls, ceilings, light fixtures, glass, blinds, and draperies. Clean and polish furniture and keep restrooms supplied with paper products, soap, and other items (42%).
- Remove and replace defective lightbulbs; clean mechanical grills; dust horizontal and vertical surfaces; keep ceiling tiles in place; provide services for special activities; and identify and report items requiring repair. Work closely with supervisor, lead staff, and co-workers to provide feedback on building maintenance needs (10%).
- Pick up and remove trash from grounds and playgrounds; water turf; sweep sidewalks, and perform snow removal operations. Operate, clean and care for assigned equipment and supplies (5%).
- High school diploma or equivalent is required; successful completion of approved housekeeping courses is preferred
- Experience as a primary/secondary school custodian is desired
- Basic knowledge of cleaning methods, materials, and equipment
- Ability to perform manual tasks requiring moderate physical strength
- Ability to operate mechanical cleaning equipment
- Ability to follow simple oral and written instructions
- Ability to establish and maintain amiable working relations with supervisors, staff, students, the general public, and fellow workers
- Ability to work overtime on occasion
- Ability to complete required training and demonstrate proper usage of products and equipment
- Ability to work from a ladder and scaffolding
- Ability to perform assigned duties with minimum supervision
- Must maintain a clean and neat appearance, wear uniforms provided, and use proper PPE ?
FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION, please complete our application from the MPS website: https://millard.tedk12.com/hire/. Highly qualified applicants providing at least two references (one supervisory reference) will receive priority consideration. All applicants will receive notifications by email, but only the most qualified will be called for interviews. Please check your email for status updates.
Millard Public Schools