General Summary of Position:
Come work for one of the top Divisions at Millard Public Schools. Provides backend technical services that support the students and staff at Millard Public Schools. Works closely with others in a team environment to provide backend technical support to the 24,000 students and nearly 3,000 staff members at Millard Public Schools 38 locations. This position works from the Ron Witt Support Service Center.
Essential Functions of this Position
- Installs and maintains necessary equipment for WAN, LAN, & WLAN.
- Works with external service providers responsible for the between-building network.
- Works with industry-standard tools to monitor and troubleshoot network connectivity.
- Updates network hardware/software as needed.
- Works closely with building-level technical support staff to monitor and maintain the network.
- Implements network standards as directed by the District Technology Manager.
- Works with the Executive Director of Technology to meet network-related needs of curriculum and instruction.
- Assumes other responsibilities delegated by the District Technology Manager.
- Other duties as directed by the Executive Director of Technology or his/her designee.
- Education Level: Minimum requirement one or more years post-secondary course work in Network Management, Computer Science, or another related field. Associate or Bachelor degree in Network Management, Computer Science, or another related field preferred.
- Certification or Licensure: Minimum requirement - None. Network+, CCNA, or other related network certifications preferred.
- Experience desired: Two or more years experience in Network Management. Four or more years experience in Network Management in large organizations with WAN, LAN, & WLAN preferred.
- Other requirements: Knowledge of current networking technology. Knowledge of network cabling systems; 10/100/1000 Base T, & fiber optic. Knowledge of wireless networking systems; WIFI 5, WIFI 6.
This position starts with 10 paid holidays and 15 paid vacation days. Starting in year two you will get 20 paid vacation days
Millard Public Schools