Location: 9239 West Center Road Omaha, NE
Job Status: Full-Time
Reports to: Assistant Director of Day Programs
Overview: Oversees academic curriculum and activities in the Level 3 elementary classroom. Provides a safe and effective learning environment for children in accordance with the vision and mission of Daybreak.
• Provide a safe, structured learning environment.
• Maintains standards as established by the Joint Commission.
• Implements treatment goals and objectives.
• Communicates effectively with parents, peers, and supervisor.
• Develops and implements individual academic plans for students.
• Prepares, updates and maintains documentation and children’s records, including Individual Education Plans (IEP’s).
• Organize, provide, and implement structured educational curriculum.
• Coordinate educational activities with children’s schools.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Requires a bachelor's degree in early childhood and/or elementary education and a current teaching certificate. Special Education endorsement is also required.
• Must have good verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work in active environment and lift up to 50 lbs.