POSITION SUMMARY: The Nurse works as a staff member of the Student Services Team. Primarily responsible for the health care of the students, maintains all student medical files and educates staff and students on health issues, first aid, infectious controls and emergency procedures. Depending on site, the Nurse administratively reports to the Medical Coordinator, Clinical Director or Program Director. The Nurse clinically reports to the Site or contracted Physician/Medical Authority.
1. Works as a member of the site medical team. Provides for the general health care of students and staff, within the scope of the license. Administers immunizations and assists with all health maintenance activities including but not limited to TB screens, Hepatitis Band flu vaccines.
2. Assists with training duties of site employees. Educates students, staff and the community regarding relevant health care topics such as: prevention of sports injuries, blood borne pathogens, CPR, First Aid, and behavioral disorders.
3. Assists the supervisor with programs to meet the students’ health care needs.
4. Assists with ordering supplies, pharmaceuticals and other equipment.
5. Provides supervisor with necessary information to assist with monitoring monthly expenditures.
6. Ensures the safety, health and welfare of staff and students at all times.
7. Completes required reports and documentation in a timely manner, provides management with required reports and advises of any problematic situations.
8. Complies with and implements the Rite of Passage Policies and Procedures as detailed in the appropriate manuals/handbooks. Assists with establishing departmental policies and procedures.
9. Ensures the highest standards are maintained to prevent illegal, unethical, or improper conduct and to ensure the program remains in compliance with agency licensing and Rite of Passage policies and procedures.
10. Attends and participates in all required meetings. Must attend all Multi-Disciplinary Team Meetings. (MDT)
1. High School diploma or equivalent. Must possess a current Licensed Practical Nursing Credential from the state in which employed.
2. Minimum of two years of previous medical services administration, including demonstrated experience in operating and securing comprehensive health services programs.
3. If required to operate a company vehicle during the course of employment, must meet the requirements to be an eligible ROP driver. Must possess a current State Driver’s License and have an acceptable driving record for the past three (3) years.
4. Ability to pass a criminal background clearance check, drug screen, physical and TB test.
5. Ability to utilize resources available to complete assigned projects.
6. Ability to prepare written reports and correspondence.
7. Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions.
8. Ability to effectively communicate, verbally and in writing.
9. Able to work at least 40 hours per week with the possibility of a varied schedule.
10. Must be able to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
11. Must have excellent organization and time management skills.
12. Must be flexible and able to handle multiple priorities, with the ability to adjust to high pressure and rapidly changing business conditions.
|Date Posted||September 30, 2019|
|Date Closes||January 31, 2020|
|Address||10625 Calhoun Road|
|Located In||Omaha, NE|
|Job Type||Full-time Employee|
|Compensation||Salary, Based on Experience|
|Experience Level||Intermediate (3-7 yrs. experience)|
8-5 Tuesday through Saturday or Thursday through Sunday
|Hours||40 hours per week|
|SOC Category||29-2061.00 Licensed Practical and Licensed Vocational Nurses|
|Address||10625 Calhoun Road|
|City, State and Zip||Omaha, NE 68112|
This job offers the following benefits
This job requires the following skills
This job is related other jobs in these career categories