Metro considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, sex, ethnicity, national origin, religion, gender, age, pregnancy, marital status, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability, or any other protected basis prohibited by law.
Position Title: Facilities Manager
Reporting to the Deputy Executive Officer, the Facilities Manager assists with the management and oversight of all Metro facilities, including, transit centers, bus shelters and amenities. Provides day-to-day management of the facilities’ maintenance team. The Facilities Manager is responsible for the management, supervision, scheduling, and coordination of work activities for Metro’s Facility Maintenance employees and to ensure the safe, proper, and efficient operation, maintenance, and repair of Metro’s facilities, bus stops and related amenities. Plans, coordinates, and manages the repair, service maintenance and cleaning of Metro’s facilities, transit centers and fixed route and bus stop infrastructure.
Schedule: Monday – Friday (8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.) and as needed
Union Status: Non-Represented
Compensation: $66,456 – $81,224.00
FLSA Status: Exempt
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
1. Responsibilities include but are not limited to, employee training, planning, assigning, and directing work; performance appraisals; discipline, grievance management consistent with the collective bargaining agreement and complaint and issue resolution.
2. Serves as project manager of contracts with third party vendors, including but not limited to, snow removal/cleaning of facilities and bus shelters as well as the procurement and installation of bus stop signs and shelters.
3. Serves as management team member, actively participating in frequent communication and coordination with other departments in pursuit of Metro’s goals and mission.
4. Provides responsible administrative direction and coordinates the activities of the Buildings, Grounds & Equipment (facility) Maintenance and custodial groups in performing preventative maintenance repairs and cleaning of Metro facilities and amenities.
5. Plans, coordinates, and manages the repair, service maintenance and cleaning and replacement of Metro’s facilities, transit centers and bus stop infrastructure and amenities.
6. Oversees facility maintenance processes and procedures working within the FTA Safety Management System and Transit Asset Management framework.
7. Provides supervision and oversight in accordance with all Metro’s policies and rules, applicable regulations, statutes, laws, orders, ordinances, including any amendments thereto.
8. Establishes procedures, programs, and activities to execute and accomplish goals and policies set by the DEO, CEO, and Metro’s Board of Directors; sets priorities within the departments.
9. Responsible for ensuring facility records and history files are properly maintained. FACILITIES MANAGER Rev 10.2022
10. Regular and predictable attendance and performance of essential job duties.
11. Assess and monitor workloads, identify opportunities for improvement, and direct and implement changes.
12. Conduct group meetings to discuss goals, facilitate communication, and resolve problems within the work group.
13. Preparation of maintenance and distribution of records, reports, statistics, and other materials for agency use and for local, state, and federal agencies as required.
14. Monitor repair procedures and documentation to ensure safe and effective repairs are accomplished.
15. Determine needs and assist with the procurement of appropriate tools, equipment, supplies and training necessary for facility maintenance and custodial operations.
16. Review repairs on facilities and ensures repairs are correctly stated on work orders and filed for historical data.
17. Oversee quality assurance for all facility activities. Set standards for maintenance safety, readiness, serviceability, and performance. Direct corrective measures as needed. Perform periodic safety inspections of all shop equipment and facilities
18. Assist with the development of goals and establishing standards for safety, quality, and quantity of work, monitors work in progress and upon completion for adherence to standards.
19. Assist with the analysis and review of performance information, including labor hours and cost, payroll data, preventative maintenance warranties, inventory, and data.
20. Ensure new products, innovations, and technologies are continually reviewed for possible upgrading and integration.
21. Other special projects and duties as assigned
• Associate degree in a closely related field, or two years of related experience for each year of college requirement.
• Four (4) years’ work experience as a facilities supervisor or manager, preferably in public or private transit systems.
• An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to provide the applicant with the knowledge, skills, and ability to successfully perform the essential functions of the job will be considered.
• Experience in a unionized environment preferred.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
• Strong organizational skills and ability to work independently.
• Proficient use of and working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
• Demonstrated team leadership and development.
• Ability to cooperate and develop good working relationships with others.
• Ability to satisfactorily complete a pre-employment physical, drug screen and background check, including credit check.
“An Equal Employment Opportunity Employer”
|Date Posted||January 10, 2023|
|Date Closes||February 9, 2023|
|Located In||Omaha, NE|
|Job Type||Full-time Employee|
|SOC Category||11-3011.00 Administrative Services Managers|
This job is related other jobs in these career categories