Heavy-Duty Fleet Technician
Position Title: HEAVY DUTY FLEET MECHANIC
Reporting to Maintenance Supervisor, the Fleet Mechanic helps to diagnose, troubleshoot, inspect, and repair diesel, CNG, and electric heavy-duty fleet vehicles.
Status: Represented - Transport Workers Union, Local 223
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Wage: $23.87 – 31.86 + 2% night premium, if applicable
Schedule: Tuesday – Saturday, 3:30 p.m. to 12:00 a.m.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Regular and predictable attendance according to the position’s approved work schedule.
2. Utilize good mechanical skills and proficiency in maintaining transit bus fleet.
3. Perform vehicle inspections, overhauls, major and minor repairs, as well as monitoring/completing on-going regular scheduled maintenance.
4. Ensure fleet vehicles are in safe, working order when placed in service, and free of mechanical defects.
5. Diagnose/troubleshoot all major component groups, including air-conditioning systems.
6. Respond to road-calls and troubleshoot in the field.
7. Proficiently use of diagnostic equipment.
8. Utilize proficient and effective time management skills in performing assigned tasks.
9. Perform metal and fiberglass fabrication.
10. Adhere to all safety regulations, policies and procedures.
11. Maintain a safe work environment and clean work area.
12. Other duties as assigned.
1. High school diploma or equivalent &
3. Possess or have the ability to complete company provided CDL training
4. Be at least 21 years of age
5. Possess a valid driver’s license and excellent driving record;
6. Possess knowledge of fleet maintenance procedures;
7. Possess basic computer skills necessary including use of Microsoft Word & Excel;
8. Possess necessary tools and ability to use a variety of shop tools and equipment;
9. Ability to work independently and possess strong attention to detail;
10. Ability to bend, kneel, stoop and stand for long periods of time on concrete surfaces.
11. Ability to perform lifting tasks up to 75 lbs.;
12. Able to pass Department of Transportation (DOT) physical and back screen; drug screen and complete an extensive background check;
13. Effective verbal and listening communication skills; and
14. Good attendance and job performance record.
ONLY BEST QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Metro considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, sex, ethnicity, national origin, religion, gender, age, pregnancy, marital status, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability or any other protected basis prohibited by law.
“An Equal Employment Opportunity Employer”
|Date Posted||January 26, 2023|
|Date Closes||February 25, 2099|
|Located In||Omaha, NE|
|Job Type||Full-time Employee|
|Compensation||Hourly Wage, $23.87 - $31.86|
|SOC Category||49-3031.00 Bus and Truck Mechanics and Diesel Engine Specialists|
This job is related other jobs in these career categories