Position reports to Finance Director and/or Human Resources Director. The Payroll/Benefits Administrator is responsible for the accurate preparation, disbursement, and reconciliation of payroll, administration of employee benefits,and records management for 250 employees.
Schedule: 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. (Monday – Friday)
Salary: $52,000 - $58,000 (salary commensurate with experience)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Regular and predictable attendance and performance of essential job duties.
- Processes weekly payrolls, including payroll deductions and wage adjustments as required by status sheets and collective bargaining agreements.
- Sends weekly ACH file to bank and creates month end payroll journal entries for general ledger and labor reports.
- Stays informed of applicable payroll tax and deduction changes.
- Prepares and files IRS quarterly and year-end tax forms.
- Administers employee benefits, including but not limited to, uniform/tool allowances, health, long term and short-term disability, life.
- Provides accurate information about benefits and polices to Metro employees.
- Assists with on-boarding and orientation of benefits for new employees.
- Enters accurate data into human resource/payroll software for all new employees, changes, and terminations.
- Receive, process and track wage garnishments.
- Completes written and verbal verifications of employment.
- Performs Metro property final audit and verifies the return of all property.
- Assists with human resource activities as assigned.
- Perform other related duties, as assigned.
- Associate degree or higher. Minimum five (5) years-experience with payroll processing and benefits administration; or an equivalent amount of education or professional certification and experience required. Public sector experience, preferred.
- Knowledge of Crystal Reports desired.
- Strong communication and accounting skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Proficient computer skills and experience with Microsoft Office and payroll software.
- Good job performance and attendance record.
- Positive attitude and demonstrated excellence in customer service.
- Ability to pass physical, back screen and drug screen, and complete background check.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
Metro considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, sex, ethnicity, national origin, religion, gender, age, pregnancy, marital status, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability or any other protected basis prohibited by law.
“An Equal Employment Opportunity Employer”