ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Regular and predictable attendance and performance of essential job duties.
- Primary duties include various troubleshooting, inspections, and repairs to all Metro properties.
- Repair bathroom fixtures, drinking fountains, and general plumbing issues.
- Repair/replace light fixtures and bulbs, outlets, switches, and power cables.
- Clean, check and repair HVAC and air handler systems. Clean/change unit filters.
- Perform on-going maintenance to all systems including bus wash, walk-through, and overhead garage doors.
- Clean floor drains and interceptors.
- Perform roof repairs and exterior window/skylight issues.
- Repair and maintain pneumatic fluid system, diesel fuel and gasoline dispensers.
- Operate snow removal, forklift, and construction equipment during all environmental conditions.
- Perform landscaping and sprinkler system repairs and maintenance.
- Report and respond to emergency calls.
- Read and interpret label directions and understand instructions, including MSDS sheets.
- Perform work at heights up to 25’, on or off scaffolding, ladders, or portable lifts
- Work requires, but not limited to, heavy lifting up to 75 lbs., climbing, bending, kneeling, twisting and long periods of standing.
- Adhere to safety regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Open and create work orders, as well as document daily work performed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must have good general commercial/industrial building construction knowledge & repair experience
- Possess excellent mechanical and metal working skills
- Good working knowledge & experience with general plumbing, electrical, & carpentry repairs
- Experience working in a team environment, or with little or no supervision
- Demonstrate ability to problem solve and multi-task
- Flexible work schedule
- Be at least 25 years of age
- Possess and retain a valid Commercial Driver’s License, and possess & maintain good driving record meeting insurance standards
- Able to lift 75 pounds
- Possess basic computer skills, including use of Microsoft Word & Excel
- Able to pass DOT physical, back screen, drug screen, and background check
- Possess good attendance and job performance record
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Metro considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, sex, ethnicity, national origin, religion, gender, age, pregnancy, marital status, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability or any other protected basis prohibited by law.
"An Equal Employment Opportunity Employer"