Heavy-Duty Fleet Technician
Metro is hiring technicians with skills in the maintenance and repair of transit automobiles, as well as diesel and CNG buses. Metro provides paid CDL training. This is a collectively bargained for position and subject to Department of Transportation drug and alcohol testing.
Wage: $26.81 - $30.94 per hour; + 2% night premium
Union: Transport Workers Union, Local 223
Metro offers employees the following benefits:
- Low cost employee contributions for individual and family group health, vision and dental insurance
- Company paid life insurance
- Company paid short term and long term disability insurance
- Pre-tax payroll deduction for flexible spending account
- Ten paid holidays per year
- Paid vacations. One week paid vacation first year of service. Two weeks paid vacation after two years of service.
- Annual $300 uniform allowance
- Pension plan
- 457(b) retirement savings plan
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Complimentary transit pass
- High school diploma or equivalent, AND minimum 5-7 years diesel maintenance and diagnostics experience for first class mechanic, minimum 3-5 years of diesel maintenance and diagnostics experience for second class mechanic; OR any combination of relevant education and experience
- Possess A/C certification
- Must be at least 25 years of age
- Possess a valid driver's license
- Possess a Commercial Drivers License (CDL), or have ability to obtain CDL-Class B Permit
- Possess basic computer skills
- Possess own tools and ability to use a variety of shop tools and equipment
- Possess stable and verifiable work history, with exceptional record of attendance and punctuality
- Ability to bend, kneel, stoop and stand for long periods of time on concrete surfaces. Ability to perform lifting tasks up to 75 lbs.
- Must pass Department of Transportation (DOT) physical and back screen, drug screen, and complete a background check
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES & FUNCTIONS
- Regular and predictable performance of essential job functions.
- Use diagnostic tools to troubleshoot and diagnose fleet vehicle.
- Perform fleet vehicle inspections, overhauls, major and minor repairs, as well as monitoring/completing on-going regular scheduled maintenance.
- Ensure fleet vehicles are in safe, working order when placed in service, and free of mechanical defects.
- Respond to emergency road-calls and troubleshoot in the field.
- Utilize effective time management skills in performing and completing assigned work orders.
- Perform metal and fiberglass fabrication.
- Adhere to all safety regulations, policies and procedures.
- Maintain a safe work environment and clean work area.
- Other related duties as assigned.
“An Equal Employment Opportunity Employer”
ONLY BEST QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Metro considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, sex, ethnicity, national origin, religion, gender, age, pregnancy, marital status, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability or any other protected basis prohibited by law.