Position Title: Custodian
Reporting to Custodial Supervisor, the Custodian is responsible for the custodial cleaning and maintenance of all Metro transit facilities. This is a collective bargaining unit position.
Schedule: 2:30 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.
METRO offers the following employee benefits:
- Low cost employee contributions for individual and family group health, vision and dental insurance
- Company paid life insurance
- Company paid short term and long term disability insurance
- Pre-tax payroll deduction for flexible spending account
- Ten paid holidays per year
- Paid vacations. One week paid vacation first year of service. Two weeks paid vacation after two years of service.
- Annual $245 uniform allowance
- Pension plan
- 457(b) retirement savings plan
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Complimentary bus pass
Essential Job Duties & Functions, include but not limited to:
- Regular and predictable performance of essential job functions.
- Clean, dust, and wipe facility furniture and fixtures; empty wastebaskets and trash containers; empty and clean ash trays and urns.
- Clean, wash and disinfect drinking fountains and coffee machine.
- Vacuum, shampoo and spot clean carpets. Sweep, mop and buff hard surface floors.
- Wash accessible interior and exterior areas.
- Move furniture, equipment, supplies and tools on an incidental basis.
- Respond to service requests, coordinate resources and implement the set up and take down of furniture and equipment for meetings, conferences, orientations, etc.
- Clean and sanitize facility restrooms using established practices and procedures. Stock facility restrooms with paper supplies and soap as needed.
- Work safely with caustic chemicals and cleaning supplies. Follow label instructions regarding the use of chemicals and supplies as directed.
- Maintain storage areas and cleaning equipment, chemicals and supplies in a safe and orderly manner to ensure the safety of staff and the public.
- Report and respond to emergency calls for custodial assistance.
- Handle recycling materials.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- One-year experience in cleaning large buildings.
- Knowledge of cleaning machines, tools, and products.
- Possess high level of cleanliness and attention to detail.
- Ability to work with minimal or no supervision.
- Possess stable and good work and performance history.
- Possess valid driver’s license meeting or exceeding minimum insurance standards.
- Pass pre-employment physical, back screen, drug screen, and complete criminal record check.
ONLY BEST QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED. NO PHONE CALLS.
“An Equal Employment Opportunity Employer”
Metro considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, sex, ethnicity, national origin, religion, gender, age, pregnancy, marital status, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability or any other protected basis prohibited by law.