Position Title: Maintenance Helper
Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, the Maintenance Helper is responsible for providing high quality preventive maintenance services to heavy-duty diesel transit vehicles, including but not limited to, oil and fluid changes, grease/lubrication services, filter replacements, visual inspections, and minor repairs. This is a safety sensitive position subject to Department of Transportation (DOT) random drug and alcohol testing. This is a collective bargaining unit position.
Schedule: 4:30 PM to 1:00 AM
Starting wage: $23.18/hr. (plus 2% night premium)
METRO offers employees the following benefits:
- Low cost employee contributions for individual and family group health, vision and dental insurance
- Company paid life insurance
- Company paid short term and long term disability insurance
- Pre-tax payroll deduction for flexible spending account
- Ten paid holidays per year
- Paid vacations. One week paid vacation first year of service. Two weeks paid vacation after two years of service.
- Annual $245 uniform allowance
- Pension plan
- 457(b) retirement savings plan
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Complimentary bus pass
- High school diploma or equivalent. Prior vehicle preventative maintenance and/or inspection experience, or combination of education and experience, preferred.
- Possess own tools and ability to use a variety maintenance shop hand, air, and diagnostic tools.
- Possess basic computer skills.
- Possess basic math skills.
- Ability to learn new technology, repair, and service procedures and specifications.
- Possess stable and verifiable work history.
- Possess a valid Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) or ability to obtain CDL, and good driving record.
- Ability to pass DOT physical, back screen, drug screen, and complete criminal record check.
Essential Job Duties & Functions:
- Regular and predictable performance of essential job functions.
- Performs work specified on the work order with efficiency and in accordance with industry standards.
- Performs heavy-duty diesel vehicle inspections using quick check system, and documents any deficiencies.
- Performs heavy-duty diesel vehicle preventive maintenance services, including but not limited to engine oil changes, transmission and differential fluid changes, replacement of filters, and grease/lubricate points, as directed.
- Performs minor repairs and adjustments to heavy-duty diesel vehicle fleet.
- Records and maintains written maintenance and inspection logs.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
ONLY BEST QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED FOR INTERVIEW. NO PHONE CALLS.
Metro considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, sex, ethnicity, national origin, religion, gender, age, pregnancy, marital status, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability or any other protected basis prohibited by law.
“An Equal Employment Opportunity Employer”