Reporting to the Transportation Manager, the Transportation Supervisor ensures the efficient functioning of fixed route services, assisting with paratransit dispatch and related operational activities as required. This is a safety sensitive position subject to Department of Transportation (DOT) random drug and alcohol testing.
Schedule: Hours may be varied based on need for coverage; shifts include weekends, early mornings, late evenings and occasional holidays.
Salary range: $45,000 to $53,000
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum 1 - 2 years demonstrated supervisory experience, transportation industry preferred.
- Possess knowledge of Metro’s route system, and the metropolitan streets and traffic patterns.
- Possess basic math skills.
- Highly skilled at using Microsoft Office Suite and other computer software.
- Able to effectively communicate.
- Highly motivated and strong ability to focus.
- Possess stable and verifiable work history.
- Possess a valid driver’s license; and good driving record.
- Ability to pass DOT physical, back screen, drug screen, and complete criminal record check.
Essential Job Duties & Functions:
- Regular and predictable performance of essential job functions.
- Responsible for the daily start-up and/or shut down procedures of the fixed route system and paratransit service.
- Ensures operators are available to meet service needs.Ensures all open runs and vacation schedules are posted weekly.Calls out replacement operators; assigns overtime and extra board work according to the collective bargained agreement (CBA).
- Maintains and updates logs.Coordinates the daily assignments of operators and vehicles for revenue service and special events.Assures scheduled drivers arrive to work on time, leave on time, and are fit for duty.
- Ensures that operators conform with all applicable Federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations including the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended, company policies, and CBA.
- Maintains communication with operators during scheduled hours of operation to ensure compliance with safety rules and regulations.Monitors two-way radio for information regarding route issues and field situations; assists operators as required.
- Responds to emergency situations as requested including hazardous and severe weather conditions; coordinate with supervisors, police and emergency dispatchers as required.
- Performs a wide variety of clerical functions and support, including but not limited to such tasks as, answering phone calls, typing and data entry, using proprietary transit software, and related staffing activities.
- Enters and maintains data in METRO’s fixed route dispatch system and paratransit scheduling system.
- Performs operator timekeeping duties and maintains attendance records.
- Assists operators in preparing incident/accident/injury reports and ensures completion.
- Prepares and posts route detours as required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Metro considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, sex, ethnicity, national origin, religion, gender, age, pregnancy, marital status, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability or any other protected basis prohibited by law.
“An Equal Employment Opportunity Employer”