Position Title: FOURTH CLASS STORES
Reporting to the Maintenance Director, the Fourth Class Stores performs a variety of tasks and is responsible for issuing transit vehicle parts and supplies to METRO employees. This is a collectively bargained for position.
Schedule: Evening shift
Starting Wage: $18.29/hr.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of one (1) year of significant experience dispensing parts, including experience in parts room record keeping practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of vehicle parts, automotive parts and tools, or related experience.
- Ability to effectively communicate.
- Experience with Microsoft Windows Suite.
- Possess stable and good work and performance history.
- Pass pre-employment physical, back screen, drug screen, and complete criminal record check.
- Operate forklift for heavy items.
- Comply with all company policies, rules and procedures and work processes.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Essential Job Functions:
- Regular and predictable performance of essential job functions.
- Review manufacturer’s parts indexes to select the correct part(s) and/or supplies for maintenance personnel.
- Properly stock, store, segregate, and protect all materials, parts and supplies in designated areas.
- Identify and locate transit vehicle parts, automotive parts, tools, repairs and equipment according to an alphanumeric inventory system.
- Maintain a clean and orderly area, including but not limited to, service parts counter, all shelving and floor space.
- Listen, communicate and interact with staff and others in a courteous, professional manner.
- Interpret Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS), and maintain on-going knowledge of materials, chemicals and cleaning supplies used by maintenance personnel.
- Use computer and software, such as Cummins Quick Serve and Transit Fleet, to view, accurately record data, revise, research and distribute information.
- Account for all Metro’s equipment.
- Prepare parts requisitions and assemble orders as requested by staff, and assist staff in the selection of parts.
- Participate in cycle parts counts and the parts inventory control process.
- Conduct periodic physical inventory to assure proper availability of required stock; and stock as shipments arrive.
- Ability to use safe lifting techniques.
ONLY BEST QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED. NO PHONE CALLS.
METRO considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, sex, ethnicity, national origin, religion, gender, age, pregnancy, marital status, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability or any other protected basis prohibited by law.