Position Title: DIESEL MECHANIC SHOP SUPERVISOR
Reporting to the Maintenance Director, the Diesel Mechanic Supervisor manages and coordinates fleet vehicle maintenance, including but not limited to, troubleshooting, diagnosis, repairs, preventative maintenance, inspections, safe work practices, time management processes, and bus placing and fueling. This is a safety sensitive position subject to Department of Transportation (DOT) random drug and alcohol testing.
Schedule: Tuesday – Friday evening shift – 3:30 p.m. to midnight. Saturday late morning or mid-shift.
Salary range: $53,000 to $58,000
METRO OFFERS THE FOLLOWING BENEFITS:
- Low cost employee contributions for individual and family group health, vision and dental insurance
- Company paid life insurance
- Company paid short term and long term disability insurance
- Pre-tax payroll deduction for flexible spending account
- Ten paid holidays per year
- Paid vacations. One week paid vacation first year of service. Two weeks paid vacation after two years of service.
- Annual $200 uniform allowance
- Pension plan
- 457(b) retirement savings plan
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Complimentary transit pass
- 3+ years of diesel technician experience in a shop with heavy-duty fleet
- 1 - 2 years of supervisory experience in a shop environment
- Proficient computer skills
- Ability to troubleshoot, diagnose and repair complex equipment problems
- Ability to use good judgment and decision making skills
- Possess stable and verifiable work history
- Possess a valid driver’s license; and good driving record
- Ability to pass DOT physical, back screen, drug screen, and complete criminal record check
Essential Job Duties & Functions:
- Regular and predictable performance of essential job functions.
- Prioritizes, coordinates and assigns work to fleet maintenance personnel.
- Supervises personnel assigned to perform fleet maintenance work involving inspection, troubleshooting, diagnosis, disassembly, rebuild/repair, assembly, and preventive maintenance.
- Provides technical assistance and training in inspection, diagnosis, repair, maintenance, and rebuilding of all vehicle systems including electrical and mechanical systems.
- Ensures shop time performance oversight according to industry standards and efficient utilization of labor and parts/materials/supplies.
- Analyzes and resolves complex maintenance and repair problems.
- Inspects all completed mechanical and electrical work performed by maintenance personnel.
- Uses special tools and equipment for fleet maintenance operations.
- Enforces departmental policies, rules and procedures as well as the collective bargaining agreement.
- Performs and oversees fleet vehicle maintenance record keeping.
- Ensures fleet maintenance personnel adhere to safety policies and procedures.
- Ensures fleet maintenance personnel maintain clean work areas.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
NO PHONE CALLS. ONLY THE BEST QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED.
Metro considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, sex, ethnicity, national origin, religion, gender, age, pregnancy, marital status, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability or any other protected basis prohibited by law
“An Equal Employment Opportunity Employer”