Staff Accountant Omaha NE
Hayes & Associates, LLC is seeking an experienced Staff Accountant to join our growing firm. The position would office out of our Omaha, Nebraska office, but offers great flexibility with the opportunity for remote working arrangements. This position will serve a diverse client base and is responsible for providing a variety of accounting and auditing functions in support of client objective within the audit, tax and/or outsourcing service areas.
Primary duties include, but are not limited to:
- Performing audit fieldwork at various client locations including record verification, developing and completing audit program steps, and reading financial reports.
- Examines financial records, prepares reports and financial statements, results of operations, compliance reports, and internal control reports.
- Coordinates or participates in pre-audit planning for audit engagements, review of client accounting and operating procedures and systems of internal control.
- During tax season, assist with the preparation of federal and state income tax returns.
- Presents a professional image of the firm when interacting with the client. A CPA certificate or demonstrated ability to sit for the exam, including all required coursework, while not required, is a plus.
This position requires minimal overnight travel as the majority of our clients are local.
We are seeking an experienced audit professional to provide quality work and can hit the ground running. The ideal candidate will:
- Have a BS/BA degree in accounting required.
- A CPA certificate or demonstrated ability to sit for the exam is a plus.
- Perform audit, agreed-upon procedure, review, compilation, and preparation engagements.
- Lead the fieldwork portion of audits including substantive and analytical procedures.
- Review the adequacy of internal controls throughout an auditee, creating workpapers that support the findings and audit steps, development of solid recommendations and alternative solutions to issues identified during the audit
- Assist in coordinating communications between the audit team and clients as it relates to requested documentation.
- Assist in planning, risk assessment, and preparation of financial statements.
- Ability to research technical accounting and auditing issues.
- Work with team to identify audit issues and provide timely solutions and consultation for our clients.
- Demonstrate excellence in communication skills, data gathering, analysis, reporting, and process improvement.
- Meet assigned deadlines or budgets and provide advance warning of problems.
- Be self-motivated and effectively work independently.
- Possess excellent client relationship skills and time management skills.
- Be organized with the ability to execute on multiple, concurrent client engagements.
- Familiarity with accounting and auditing software including QuickBooks, CCH ProSystem fx Engagement, and PPC are a plus.