Data Analyst - Kiewit Data Services
Kiewit Corporation Omaha, NE
Requisition ID: 103461
Job Level: Entry Level
Department: Information Technology
Market: Corporate Home Office
Employment Type: Full Time
Do you have a passion for analyzing data and using it to solve problems? At Kiewit, we believe in the power of analytics to create exceptional results. Kiewit Data Services is seeking an entry-level Data Analyst. We are looking for someone with a passion for performing data analysis, data mining, and eventually data science in a professional setting.
As the Data Analyst, you will work with business users to understand challenges and build analytics solutions to overcome those challenges. You will also gather, extract, restructure, analyze and interpret data, and communicate findings and recommendations to the business.
Kiewit Data Services' (KDS) mission is to make Kiewit the premier data-driven organization in our industry. To accomplish this, our projects and districts need to have the right data, of the right quality, with the right level of analysis, available to them at the right time. KDS is a cross functional organization with employees that have expertise in data, technology, support and operations backgrounds. Our core functions are data Quality, Governance, Enablement, Analytics and Data Science.
This position is based out of Omaha, Nebraska. This is a shared service center in a professional office setting.
- Best-in-class solutions Your primary role will be delivering analytical solutions to the business. You will need to bring a strong business acumen and work to understand the business challenges facing your stakeholders. From there, you will need to leverage your technical skills and deep knowledge of data to deliver/build solutions to these stakeholders.
- Data Modeling You will have access to many data sources to provide solutions to your stakeholders. But often this data may not be modeled or structured in an optimal manner to meet your needs. We will have resources to offer support, but ultimately you will be expected to be highly self-sufficient and have the technical skills (SQL) to restructure this data as needed.
- Data Visualization Your output will embody data visualization best practices. Our team is committed to building high quality, performant, insightful solutions that meet specific business needs. The solutions you produce will meet our quality and performance standards.
- Data Analysis You will be expected to leverage data to make strategic recommendations to the business. This may include formulating and testing hypotheses, performing correlation analysis, and other forms of data mining. You will also be expected to understand and articulate the business impact of any recommendations.
- Communication and Presentation You will guide requirement gathering conversations with stakeholders, asking insightful questions to see the business from their perspective. On the back end of solution development/analysis, you will be expected to explain results of analysis to team members, train stakeholders on how to use decision support tools, and succinctly convey how solutions meet specific business needs.
- Data Collection You will be expected to develop a deep understanding of the core applications we leverage to collect data. You will work with stakeholders and key members of our product team to understand which data we capture today, as well as participate in the development/procurement of future solutions to help capture other necessary data we may not be currently collecting.
- Analytical Advancement We are intent on delivering a world class employee experience to our Kiewit employees and believe in the power of analytics to aid us in this mission. You will be expected to embrace this mission and work closely with your team members to advance our analytical capabilities.
- Interest in leveraging data to solve unique and challenging business problems
- Bachelor's degree in Analytics, Statistics, Computer Science, Economics, Business Management, or related field; Graduate degree in analytics or data science a plus
- 1-2 years of related work experience a plus
- Database querying (SQL for MS SQL Server and Teradata highly preferred)
- Data Visualization (Tableau, Power BI)
- Statistical coding languages (Python)
- Knowledge of data lineage and ETL
- A deep desire to add significant business value
- Inquisitive nature
- Strong critical thinking
- High business acumen
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Passion for learning and development
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and as a team to meet deadlines, goals and objectives
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
| Date Posted
June 16, 2020
| Date Closes
August 15, 2020
| Located In
| SOC Category
This job is related to other jobs in these career categories