This is a senior developer role on our flagship ERP application. We are working on a multi-year, major application conversion. We’re taking a Windows-based application and moving to a microservices-based, single-page application.
You will start off working on a project management tool for pro-dealers, a web-first feature of our flagship product that allowed us to test and prove our architecture. On this team, you’ll serve as the technical point person, providing guidance on application-level architecture, caching strategies, and web app best practices.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- 5+ years of experience developing web software for enterprise applications. You should have solved several interesting or novel problems in that time.
- You have worked in a software development lifecycle with several contributors in different roles.
- You’ve worked alongside other developers in the same codebase.
- You’re interested in increased responsibility on your team. You’re also willing to provide guidance to less experienced developers.
- You’ve spent a considerable amount of time in a modern web environment. We define this as one with:
- Version control (git, svn, etc)
- You’ve got a strong desire to debug hard problems both alone and paired-up.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- You craft well-tested code and believe in test-driven development.
- You know many of the common vulnerabilities in a web application. You can build defensible and secure solutions as a result.
- We take an empathetic approach to building software which aims to include all users. You should be familiar and experienced with building accessible software. If not, we can work with you if you’re interested in learning how.
- You know what makes a good API, or at least you know it when you see one.
- You have experience building apps that talk to different types of API services.
NICE TO HAVES:
TypeScript (we still have a mix of JS and TS, but are moving everything to TypeScript)
NPM package ownership and release pipeline
Build tooling (esbuild, webpack, rollup, vite)
CI/CD tooling (like CircleCI, GitHub Actions, TravisCI, or Jenkins)
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Management Information Systems preferred. We’re made better by diverse backgrounds. If you come from a non-traditional background we want you to apply.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Normal office environment with use of computers and telephone systems; no unusual physical demands
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? Please apply anyway!
When you apply, please include a resume with a short history and a few of your favorite skills. If you have a GitHub account with projects you’re proud of, we’d love for you to share it. But we will never penalize you for not coding in your free time.