The Systems Analyst is responsible for business and data processing problems and to implement and improve computer systems. The Systems Analyst is also responsible for coordinating IT projects with management, users, IT staff and vendors to ensure proper project implementation. Support of internal clients is key to ensure analysis of requirements, procedures and problems in order to add value to all processes.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- SharePoint design and management as well as data presentation including reports and dashboards.
- Test, maintain and monitor computer programs and systems to include managing the implementation of new programs and systems.
- Work with Cobalt Credit Union employees regarding their needs and to ensure a program or software properly meets those needs.
- Develop system design procedures and then test those procedures, revising when necessary, to ensure they are meeting quality standards.
- Create, expand or modify system to serve new purposes or improve process workflows.
- Serve as secondary contact for application system issues. Analyze issues, recommends a solution and initiate corrective actions while ensuring proper follow up with client.
- Coordinate enhancements to existing computer systems including analysis, design specifications and serve as a liaison between the Credit Union and vendors.
- Provide training and support to users on computer systems.
- Maintain knowledge of operations and the computer systems to provide comprehensive support.
- Architect the CRM system (and related customizations) to meet business requirements. Configure + customize CRM (e.g., forms, views, dashboards, workflows, case management, web resources, security, etc.) per specifications and work to facilitate testing / deployment.
- Serve as an IT consultant to internal employees and as a technical resource to various project teams. Serve as a liaison when necessary between users, IT Department and vendors.
- Ensure that users are kept informed of system updates and that updates are fully tested.
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
- Attendance is an essential function of this position.
Education and/or Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree required with a preference for a degree in Technology or Business.
- 5 years of job specific experience required in supporting banking applications.
- Working knowledge of Oracle database and provide assistance to Oracle DBA.
- Experience with CRM API, REST/ODATA and SOAP endpoints
- Working knowledge of Microsoft SQL Database, Windows Server Operating System, Active Directory
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language and work with employees at all levels of the organization.
- Self-motivated and directed.
- Ability to lead teams, manage projects and appropriately manage vendor relationships.
- High attention to detail.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Financial background preferred.
The physical demands or representative of those that must be met to perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- On-call availability, including weekends and holidays as needed.
- Duties are usually performed in a typical office setting; however requires assisting at the branch locations and any other departments/locations.
- Language skills require ability to talk to communicate on phone and in person; read and interpret documents such as regulatory, policy manuals and procedures, technical documents.
- Must-have reasoning ability to convey detailed instructions in writing and verbally; problem solving.
- Ability to hear normal conversations and receive information and converse with others.
- Will utilize a computer to perform daily duties and to prepare documents, using dexterity and hands for typing, physically moving and handling equipment and documents, etc.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and to handle other computer components.
- Sitting for extended periods of time; however:
- Occasional inspection of cables in floors and ceilings which requires bending, stooping, climbing on ladders, etc. and to install equipment.
- Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals.
Cobalt Credit Union believes each employee makes a significant contribution to our success. This is not limited by the assigned responsibilities of the job. The position description outlines the primary duties, qualifications, however will not be limited to only these responsibilities; each employee is expected to offer their services where and when needed. Our communities trust Cobalt CU to assist them with their financial solutions and with friendly, personal service, and advice that members can trust, we do what it takes to get the job done to support our Values, Promise, and Mission and support a strong sales and service cultu
Cobalt Credit Union