What does it mean to be part of Cobalt Credit Union?
Being part of Cobalt Credit Union means you will be part of a culture that truly cares about members and employees. Cobalt will take time to prepare and train you to succeed in your current position and help coach you to reach your career goals. Our tuition assistance, job shadowing program, and dedication to promoting from within the company will support you to reach your highest potential. Cobalt’s management team believes in an open door policy and welcomes feedback and suggestions. We are big enough to be recognized in the community, but small enough that you are not just a number.
What qualities and experience are we looking for in our next Commercial Lender?
- Bachelor’s degree and 1-2 years of commercial lending experience required
- Advanced sales skills
- Knowledge of laws and regulations governing business and consumer lending practices, collections, business financial analysis, ability to analyze information and make sound loan decisions
- Ability to systematically gather, read, retrieve, and interpret data from reports
- Position is accountable to members as well as immediate supervisor. Will be responsible for accuracy of work and performance goals as set. This position has a direct impact on organizational success through direct member and business interactions.
What is a day in the life of our Commercial Lenders?
- Building lending and deposit relationships by actively uncovering / evaluating members’ financial needs, offering products/services to meet those needs and answering questions regarding CU services
- Interviewing and answering questions from current and potential members applying for business loans as well as members requesting refinancing or rewrites of existing business loans
- Work with Branch Personnel, calling on existing and potential members with focus on relationship development. Follow up on referrals.
- Analyzing corporate and personal financial data to determine credit risk
- Ensuring that sound analysis and lending practices are followed. Acting in compliance with the Credit Union’s Business Lending Policy and NCUA Member Business Loan Policy at all times.
- Attending business loan meetings and prepare and deliver loan presentations for new loans and annual reviews. Presenting written and oral reports to the Business Loan Committee, Board, and other employees as required.
- Approving loans and advising applicants of approvals, reasons for denials as directed by the Business Loan Committee.
- Maintaining loan files and monitor loan performance and servicing business loans when applicable.
- Selling all business products and services including helping business members with cash management. Cross-selling and promote other Cobalt CU services to the members and the community.
- Representing the Credit Union in the community through business networking opportunities (i.e. trade and service organizations)
Cobalt CU believes each employee makes a significant contribution to our success. This is not limited by the assigned responsibilities of the job. The position description outlines the primary duties, qualifications, however will not be limited to only these responsibilities; each employee is expected to offer their services where and when needed. Our communities trust Cobalt CU to assist them with their financial solutions and with friendly, personal service, and advice that members can trust, we do what it takes to get the job done to support our Values, Promise, and Mission and support a strong sales and service culture.
Cobalt CU is an EEO Employer/Vet/Disabled.
Cobalt Credit Union