What does it mean be part of Cobalt Credit Union?
Being part of Cobalt Credit Union means you will be part of a culture that truly cares about members and employees. Cobalt will take time to prepare and train you to succeed in your current position and will help coach you to reach your career goals. Our tuition assistance, job shadowing program, and dedication to promoting from within the company will support you in reaching your highest potential. Cobalt’s management team believes in an open door policy and welcomes feedback and suggestions. We are big enough to be recognized in the community, but small enough that you are not just a number.
What qualities are we looking for in our next Mortgage Loan Disbursement Coordinator?
- Professional demeanor, strong communication skills and strong teamwork focus
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Proven organizational and multitasking skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and function under pressure
- Prior experience in the mortgage industry preferred
What is a day in the life of a Mortgage Loan Disbursement Coordinator?
- Processing fees, title insurance, insurance, verbal verifications/updates
- Updating mortgage tracking system and HMDA information
- Preparing complete closing document package and ensuring eligibility for sale to investor
- Corresponding with title companies for closings
- Wiring transfers and check management for funds distribution. Due to the large dollar amounts involved, a high level of responsibility is placed on this role to ensure accurate funds are distributed
- Verifying all loan documentation and conditions are complete and in the loan package prior to disbursement of mortgage funds
- Ensuring refinances go through required rescission period and are funded
- Disbursing mortgage funds, including but not limited to payoffs, proceeds, appraisal, title, insurance, and tax checks, and ensure that all documents for recording are received by the title company and recorded immediately post-closing
- Maintaining a consistently updated and shared calendar to ensure all documents are sent to the appropriate companies or investors within the required timeframes and virtual imaging system
Cobalt Credit Union