7148 Towne Center Pkwy.
The Marketing Assistant will provide creative and administrative support to the Marketing Department, under the direction of the Marketing Manager. This position will provide support for all digital marketing, including social media, blogs, email and digital paid ads, along with print advertising, promotional collateral and in-store branch signage. This person must be proficient and current in multiple computer design techniques and capable of meeting multiple deadlines.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for assisting with digital marketing campaigns including but not limited to email campaigns, digital advertising, social media and blogs.
- Assist the Marketing Design Specialist with the design and placement for print advertising in collaboration with internal and external partners while maintaining corporate brand standards and within budget guidelines.
- Carry out set strategies, implement changes and monitor daily messaging on Cobalt social media pages (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+) including writing post content and responding to positive comments and criticism in a timely, professional and helpful manner.
- Become a brand steward in order to ensure all creative and marketing materials utilize accurate brand elements and are within the corporate brand guidelines.
- Utilize reporting system for target marketing, promotion tracking, and member research.
- Assist in the preparation and production of the Annual Report and coordinate arrangements for the Annual Meeting.
- Track, collate and maintain orderly files of Cobalt Credit Union advertisements, promotional offers and noteworthy competitor advertisements.
- Prepare and update promotion and marketing calendar.
- Track and manage inventory levels of product brochures, business cards, stationery, promotional items and office supplies.
- Develop and maintain relationships with print vendors on projects and bids.
- Prepare layouts for assigned projects, including graphics, copy and some photography.
- Develop and implement creative new ideas and new marketing methods to increase our campaign effectiveness.
- Assist with various internal and external events and tradeshows for the Credit Union.
- Utilize MCIF software system for target marketing, promotion tracking, and member research.
- Keep stock and manage the youth savings programs brochures, promotional items and mascot costume.
- Assist in obtaining and compiling needed cost factors and bids used in developing an overall annual marketing plan and budget.
- Perform related/assigned duties or projects as requested by the Marketing Manager or Chief Communications Officer.
- Attendance is an essential function of this position.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience Requirements
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in marketing or related field
- Must be proficient and current in multiple computer software packages including Adobe PageMaker, Adobe Photoshop, InDesign (Creative Suite 3), Microsoft Office and Power Point.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to multi-task and work under pressure to meet multiple deadlines.
- Self-starter with strong organizational skills and requiring minimum supervision.
- Above-average writing skills, stressing composition, grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Demonstrate effective communications skills and the ability to work cooperatively with staff inside and outside the department.
- Present in a clear, courteous and professional manner when dealing with the public.
- Excellent interpersonal and time management skills.
Other Job Requirements
- Ability to work weekends or flexible schedule as needed; some holidays, Saturdays, and evenings required.
The physical demands, or representative of those, that must be met to perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Normal office conditions.
- Extensive use of PC during day - utilizing continuous viewing.
- High amount of work flow to work efficiently, accurately and to maintain good member relations.
- Language skills require ability to talk to communicate on phone and in person; read and interpret documents such as regulatory, policy manuals and procedures.
- Must-have reasoning ability to convey detailed instructions in writing and verbally; problem solving to handle multiple situations and issues in a calm manner.
- Ability to hear normal conversations and receive information and converse with others.
- Will utilize a computer to perform daily duties and to prepare documents, using dexterity and hands for typing, physically moving and handling documents, etc.
- Ability to follow detailed and general instructions; basic math skills,
Cobalt CU believes each employee makes a significant contribution to our success. This is not limited by the assigned responsibilities of the job. The position description outlines the primary duties, qualifications, however will not be limited to only these responsibilities; each employee is expected to offer their services where and when needed. Our communities trust Cobalt CU to assist them with their financial solutions and with friendly, personal service, and advice that members can trust, we do what it takes to get the job done to support our Values, Promise, and Mission and support a strong sales and service culture.