Mortgage Loan Officer
What does it mean to be part of SAC Federal Credit Union?
Being part of SAC Federal Credit Union means you will be part of a culture that truly cares about members and employees. SAC will take time to prepare and train you to succeed in your current position and will help coach you to reach your career goals. Our tuition assistance, job shadowing program, and dedication to promoting from within the company will support you in reaching your highest potential. SAC’s management team believes in an open door policy and welcomes feedback and suggestions. We are big enough to be recognized in the community, but small enough that you are not just a number.
To serve the mortgage financing needs within SAC Federal Credit Union’s 8-county field of membership and the network of realtors. This includes home purchases, refinances and pre-qualifications. This sales position will focus on strategic growth, the attainment of sales goals and business development. Coordination, planning and attendance at various community/business events, some of which are evening and/or weekend hours, will be required. This is an exempt, professional sales position on a commission based structure.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
- Originate first mortgage loans including VA and Conventional and FHA purchases and refinances, and lot loans meeting assigned loan volume goals.
- Build a productive sales network and referral base both inside and outside of the real estate office, maintaining an active engagement in both internal and external marketing efforts.
- Maintain and develop positive and productive realtor relationships and contacts, including outside community and professional exposures beneficial to SAC.
- Track networking, sales leads and loan volume, providing results to management and reaching quarterly goals.
- Interview borrowers in order to obtain required information to process pre-qualifications, as well as loan applications.
- Provide financial counseling and education to members regarding qualifying for home ownership and all related programs, loan requirements and loan costs.
- Facilitate successful mortgage closing by coordinating all parties involved and all necessary requirements.
- Maintain current knowledge of laws, regulations, internal policies and procedures for each loan product offered as well as secondary market guidelines affecting loan pricing, underwriting and sales to investors.
- Keep updated on conditions within the real estate market as well as competitive offerings.
- Communicate and work with other employees both within the department and throughout the credit union, and externally with members, realtors, and the business community to coordinate mortgage loan sales and provide all information with a high degree of accuracy.
- Responsible for establishing relationships with members and cross selling and referring products/services to exceed member’s financial needs.
- Complete Compliance courses and sales training as directed.
- Attendance is an essential function of this position.
Other Job Requirements
- This position requires that the individual be registered in the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System per the requirements of the S.A.F.E. Act.
Education and/or Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Bachelor’s Degree desired or comparable mortgage lending/sales experience.
- Independent, outgoing, professional, goal-oriented, sales-oriented personality required.
- Knowledge of lending standards and practices and prior lending/sales experience is desired.
- TEAM PLAYER – ability to work for the greater good and a positive end result.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Accuracy, attention to detail and the ability to follow-up.
- Organization, time management and the ability to handle multiple priorities and deadlines simultaneously.
- PC skills including WORD, EXCEL, Outlook and the Internet.
- Willingness to be flexible with schedule (including some after hours and weekends).
- Ability to work with multiple personality types in “emotion-packed” circumstances.
Following are the physical demands, or representative of those, that must be met to perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Function from multiple locations within a single work day requiring mobility in and out of a vehicle and moving files, laptop computer and supplies from one location to another routinely.
- Also, normal office conditions.
- Extensive use of PC during day - utilizing continuous viewing.
- High amount of work flow to work efficiently, accurately and to maintain good member relations.
- Language skills require ability to talk to communicate on phone and in person; read and interpret documents such as regulatory, policy manuals and procedures.
- Must-have reasoning ability to convey detailed instructions in writing and verbally; problem solving to handle multiple situations and issues in a calm manner.
- Ability to hear normal conversations and receive information and converse with others.
- Will utilize a computer to perform daily duties and to prepare documents, using dexterity and hands for typing, physically moving and handling documents, etc.
- Ability to follow detailed and general instructions; basic math skills.
SAC FCU believes each employee makes a significant contribution to our success. This is not limited by the assigned responsibilities of the job. The position description outlines the primary duties, qualifications, however will not be limited to only these responsibilities; each employee is expected to offer their services where and when needed. Our communities trust SAC FCU to assist them with their financial solutions and with friendly, personal service, and advice that members can trust, we do what it takes to get the job done to support our Values, Promise, and Mission and support a strong sales and service culture.
SAC FCU is an EEO Employer/Disabled/Vet.
Keywords: Mortgage, loans, credit union, banking, customer service