Customer Service/Clerical Opportunity in Financial Services
Commissions Specialist - Advisor Compensation
12325 Port Grace Blvd La Vista, NE 68128
7755 3rd St N, Oakdale, MN 55128
20 E Thomas Rd #2000, Phoenix, AZ 85012
Role Type: Full Time (Hybrid/Remote)
The primary responsibility of this position is to research and resolve compensation matters promptly for Company Representatives. Additional responsibilities include maintaining positive relationships with representatives, product sponsors, and team members. Excellent customer service is expected to enhance the representative experience.
- Research and resolve compensation matters, including but not limited to missing compensation, ticket charges, incorrect payouts, adjustments, client data issues, trails, transactions on hold, and 1099 issues.
- Respond to internal and external inquiries via the telephone, fax, email, or case management system.
- Contact product companies to obtain additional information (i.e., locate compensation, verify rep or account numbers, date account established, etc.) to solve research issues.
- Understand how processes and procedures work with one another.
- Research and collect debt balances.
- Perform audits for payout changes, terminated representatives, and rep of record changes.
- Provide training for new and existing representatives regarding Compensation reports.
- Maintain relationships with internal and external customers.
- Collaborate with other departments to enhance the representative experience.
- Evaluate controls and address gaps with the Manager through department collaboration efforts, enhanced SOPs, etc.
- Generate reports from various resources.
- Conduct risk awareness about department and enterprise objectives.
- Participate in Quality Improvement Procedures
- All other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree Preferred, H.S. Diploma or GED certificate + Significant Practical Experience will be considered
- Previous customer service experience required
- 6-12 months of securities industry experience
- Knowledge of general securities industry terminology and practices
- Ability to identify process challenges and initiate quality improvement
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with customers to gain their trust and respect
- Willingness to take ownership and responsibility for actions
- Ability to effectively function as a team player and work cooperatively with management and employees throughout the company
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Strong initiative to take on projects and additional responsibilities
- Ability to work independently and make good decisions
- Ability to learn quickly and effectively cope with new challenges
- Ability to work and remain focused under pressure
- Skill in time management and priority setting
- Ability to multitask
- Strong analytical skills, including the ability to research, use resources effectively and efficiently, and make rule-based decisions
- Mathematical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to actively listen and take complete and accurate notes
- Ability to pay close attention to detail
- Ability to be at work on a regular and predictable basis
- Excellent verbal and written communications
- Skilled in operating personal computers and various software packages (Microsoft Office, Outlook, Excel, etc.)
- Cashiering or cash drawer experience, preferred