Business Development Support Opportunity in Financial Services
Advisor Selection Coordinator - Woodbury Financial
Preferred Location: 7755 Third Street North, Oakdale, MN 55128
Accepting qualified candidates in all locations and remote.
The primary responsibility for the Advisor Selection Coordinator is to assist Branch Office Development Recruiters with recruiting qualified representatives to join Woodbury Financial, a member of Advisor Group. Additional responsibilities include maintaining sales and marketing databases; explaining Woodbury products, technology, and services; and ensuring timely follow-up and completion of paperwork.
- Maintain sales and marketing databases within Salesforce by performing basic programming, importing/exporting data, entering information, running reports, and tracking follow-up communications for Recruiters.
- Assist Recruiters with recruiting representatives to AG/Woodbury by qualifying prospects based upon needs analysis questionnaire and setting up initial informational appointments. This includes making outbound prospecting calls on a regular basis.
- Answer telephone, email, and web-site inquiries from prospective reps and utilize consultative sales techniques to recruit business.
- Provide administrative support to Recruiters including preparing and mailing correspondence and recruitment kits, performing background checks, obtaining credit reports and CRD history, scheduling appointments, and making travel arrangements as directed.
- Act as a liaison between the recruit, Compliance, and other home office departments ensuring timely follow-up and completion of paperwork when directed to do so.
- Partner with Recruiters to prepare and deliver formal business presentations to qualified prospective representatives highlighting AG/WMF products, technology, and service.
- Ensure timely and accurate internal communications of prospective rep approval to Recruiters, Internal Recruiters, and appropriate WMF managers.
- Participate in scheduled staff meetings.
- Attend various trade shows, conferences, and seminars as requested.
- Maintain current knowledge of industry trends and developments.
- Coordinate home office visits which may include but is not limited to, scheduling flights, hotels, car services and sending meeting requests to the necessary presenters.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree preferred, high school diploma (or equivalent) in combination with significant experience will be considered in lieu of degree. Minimum of high school diploma or equivalent is required.
- 2+ years customer service experience in the securities industry.
- Ability to communicate and project a positive, professional attitude with co-workers, customers, and various business contacts in person and over the telephone.
- Knowledge of the securities industry including industry terminology, license requirements, and understanding of Financial Professional practices.
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and handle multiple tasks with deadlines.
- Ability to work quickly and accurately under pressure.
- Ability to present the benefits of Woodbury and explain products, technology, and services.
- Desire to provide excellent customer service.
- Desire to take ownership of issues and see them through resolution.
- High attention to details, analytical mindset with strong problem-solving skills.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, Outlook and Salesforce.
- Ability to travel as needed (approximately 10% of time)
- FINRA Series 7, 65 /66 preferred