Project Manager Opportunity in Financial Services
Agile Project Manager
2300 Windy Ridge Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30339
20 E Thomas Road, Phoenix, AZ 85012
7755 Third Street North, Oakdale, MN 55128
10 Exchange Place, Jersey City, NJ 07302
877 Executive Center Drive West, St. Petersburg, FL 33702
12325 Port Grace Blvd, La Vista, NE 68128
**Remote Candidates will be considered
Advisor Group's Enterprise Program Management Office (EPMO) is looking for a driven and motivated individual to join the team as Agile Project Manager. As a member of the EPMO you will collaborate across the organization to execute on the most important priorities and projects for the Firm. You will lead projects from ideation to implementation and play a significant role in the overall success of the organization. While technology and digital are integral to all aspects of our projects, we are not seeking a purely technical project manager (i.e. pure development cycle management). We are looking for a well-rounded individual who has led large strategic business initiatives in the financial services space.
Why Advisor Group
- Competitive salary and annual bonus paid based on performance
- Generous time off package, including paid time off, paid holidays, and paid time to volunteer in the community
- Immediate access to extensive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, basic life insurance, long and short-term disability coverage and much more
- 401(k) match from day one of employment
- Referral bonuses if we hire your referred applicants to our open positions
- An enriching and engaging career in financial services - our employees overwhelmingly report that they find meaning and purpose in their day to day work
- Executive leader access and interaction in all our locations due to flat structure, open office environments, town halls and speed mentoring events
- New, professional, and collaborative working environment where parking is provided
- Manage projects through all phases of the life cycle, including project initiation, requirements, design, development, testing, implementation and post implementation review.
- Adhere to the EPMO standards and collaborate on creating and improving standards to drive success across the portfolio and within individual projects
- Define project scope, resources requirements, budget, timeline, deliverables and milestones; evaluates courses of action on an ongoing basis and select the best alternative to attain project goals.
- Promote leadership through collaboration, cooperation and communication across functional areas to ensure goals are achieved.
- Partner with project stakeholders to define requirements, establish status reports, develop communication plans and create management presentations.
- Maintain focus on project plan tasks, manage risk throughout the life cycle and make contingency plans to manage issues that pose risk to budget, time delivery or functionality.
- Manage financials for the individual projects in partnership with Finance.
- All other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree Preferred, H.S Diploma or GED certificate + significant practical experience will be considered
- 5+ years' experience as a project manager leading complex projects simultaneously in multi-disciplinary environment
- High level of expertise with Microsoft Office (including MS Project)
- Excellent communication, facilitation and organizational skills
- Team player with demonstrated ability to proactively identify issues and to influence key project decisions to achieve desired outcomes
- Ability to interact with all levels of the organization in both technical and business areas successfully
- Ability to travel (~15-20%)
- PMP Certification
- Scrum Master
- Proven experience with process reengineering or business transformation
- Work experience in the financial services sector