Compliance Risk Opportunity in Financial Services
Investment Advisory Compliance (IAC) Analyst
Location: Accepting qualified candidates in all locations and remotely.
Advisor Group is seeking a Compliance Analyst to support our Investment Advisory Compliance program. Under the direction of the RIA Compliance Officer, the Investment Advisory Compliance Analyst will be responsible for compliance implementation, training, monitoring, remediation, monitoring & testing, risk assessment and reporting of compliance issues within Investment Advisory Compliance.
The IAC Analyst is involved on a day to day basis in in interpreting and applying compliance policies and procedures to business practices by assisting the RIA Compliance Officer in the development, implementation, monitoring and testing of the company's compliance program to ensure that the rules, policies and regulations are followed properly.
- Support the existing IAC surveillance program
- Conduct risks assessments and testing of IA compliance programs
- Perform Monitoring & Surveillance over business processes and controls
- Analyze current IA Compliance functions and suggest enhancements and standardization, where appropriate.
- Identify and recommend necessary changes to business unit procedures to address compliance gaps or improve adherence to regulatory and firm requirements
- Review, draft and assist the RIA Compliance Officer with the implementation of compliance procedures
- Support advisors by providing guidance on RIA policy and procedures questions
- Execute desktop procedures for RIA surveillance and other IAR related activities
- All other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree preferred, high school diploma (or equivalent) in combination with significant experience will be considered in lieu of degree. Minimum of high school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Minimum of two years of relevant work experience with a broker/dealer, registered investment adviser, regulatory agency, or similar financial institution.
- FINRA Series 7 license is required.
- Must be proficient with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong abilities in analytical thinking, problem solving, research, and time management.
- FINRA Series 65/66 is highly desired
- Demonstrated experience with the Investment Advisers Act of 1940, Investment Company Act of 1940 and Securities Act of 1933 a plus.
- Experience in monitoring, testing, and conducting risk assessments of investment advisory compliance activities.