Trade Suitability Opportunity in Financial Services
Sales Supervision Principal
Preferred Location: 20 E. Thomas Road Phoenix, AZ 85012
Accepting qualified candidates in all locations and remotely
The Sales Supervision Principal conducts suitability reviews of business requiring firm pre-approval, to include, but not limited to, Variable Annuity (VA) initial purchases and replacements and non-traded alternative investment purchases. Under the guidance of the Department Manager and Team Lead and/or Senior Sales Supervision Principal, the Sales Supervision Principal performs research and analysis of proposed transactions and documents findings, rationale and approval / rejection decisions. The Supervision Principal ensures business is processed in accordance with the firm's policies and procedures and in compliance with regulatory requirements to protect the client, the First Line Supervisor (FLS), and the firm.
- Ensures proper business and sales practices are followed by the daily review of all assigned transactions and works with the advisors to address deficiencies in submissions
- Completes data entry into the Sales Supervision pre-approval platform and documents analysis, advisor communications, resolution of deficiencies and conclusion
- Provides a written recommendation of approval or rejection after a thorough suitability analysis is completed
- Works with the Sr. Trade Specialist, Team Lead, and/or Trade Specialist Manager on escalated issues and rejections
- Stays fully informed of firm rules, guidelines and procedures as well as regulatory changes
- Monitors, reports, and enforces internal controls to ensure compliance with industry standards and the firm's policies and procedures
- Keeps timely workflow and ensures regulatory deadlines are met
- Maintains an ongoing positive relationship with Advisors and First Line Supervisors in collaboration with the Supervision Regional Vice Presidents (SRVPs) and Regional Sales Managers (RSMs)
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree preferred, high school diploma (or equivalent) in combination with significant experience will be considered in lieu of degree. Minimum of high school diploma or equivalent is required.
- At least one year related experience
- FINRA Series 7, 66 (or 63 / 65), and 24 (or 8 or 9 / 10) are required
- Basic Variable Annuity knowledge
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively handle and prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment to meet defined deadlines
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- FINRA Series 65 preferred
- Life & Variable Insurance licenses preferred