Biotechnology & Equity Research Opportunity in Financial Services
Preferred location: 640 5th Avenue, New York, NY 10019
This position is open to qualified candidates in all locations and remotely.
We have an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated Research Associate to join our Small/Mid-Cap Biotechnology team within Ladenburg Thalmann, a member of Advisor Group. Ladenburg Thalmann & Co. Inc., Ladenburg's investment bank, has been a member of the New York Stock Exchange for 140 years and offers a full suite of investment banking and capital markets products and services, including proprietary equity research and a fixed-income trading desk.
The ideal Research Associate candidate has a strong work ethic and should be comfortable working independently as well as in a fast-paced team-oriented environment. We make a strong commitment to Associate development and give you opportunities to rapidly gain visibility and incremental responsibility.
We look for team players who seek a highly rigorous and collegial environment for their career development. These are typically two to four-year positions with outstanding growth potential. Historically, our Research Associate positions have proven to be excellent platforms for successful professional careers in financial services industry.
- Assist team in expansion of coverage through initiation reports
- Perform data collection and monitor investor news services
- Build and update complex financial models (DCF, NPV, comparable analysis)
- Perform financial and valuation analysis of covered companies in the biotechnology space
- Analyze clinical and preclinical data to assess the pros and cons of a developing asset, often in relation to competing medical discoveries
- Associates are responsible for writing and producing equity research reports, company initiations, and marketing presentations--often under very tight time constraints.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Advanced life sciences or medical degrees (MD and PhD) are required, preferably with an oncology background
- Ability to analyze scientific literature and data
- Excellent communication skills: this role entails significant writing and PowerPoint responsibilities
- Exceptional analytical capabilities
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Evidence of resourcefulness, adaptability, flexibility, grit, creativity, multitasking, attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Willingness to work hard and learn
- Demonstrated interest in corporate finance & equity markets
- Previous equity research experience is preferred