Virtual Event Planning Opportunity in Financial Services
Manager of Virtual Experience
Preferred Location: 20 E. Thomas Road, Phoenix, AZ 85012
Candidates are being considered in all locations and remote
We are seeking a Manager of Virtual Experience to join the Advisor Group team. This position is responsible for leading and delivering a comprehensive virtual experience for Financial Professionals. Additionally, the Manager of Virtual Experience will oversee the virtual experience team.
- Ability to drive projects from inception to completion with little guidance
- Ability to build a creative concept with a business goals in mind
- Be proficient in the virtual event landscape, aware of current trends, vendors and best practices for delivering virtual events
- Assess current software and tools to provide a recommendation for features/enhancements for future consideration and implementation to achieve corporate goals related to virtual/hybrid events
- Manage and lead contracting for virtual event platforms and tools.
- Conceive and implement concepts and run-of-show for the most compelling virtual event experience
- Quickly troubleshoot and resolve platform issues before, during and after an event
- Understand event requirements and best practices to produce test plans, and/or procedures to determine event quality and readiness.
- Collaborate with our varied business units and Marketing Leadership Team
- Provide a consultative approach to the client on how to bring their event to life, while managing expectations on the features and functionality available on the virtual event platform, including but not limited to agenda recommendations, virtual event structures, etc.
- Provide clear timelines and deadlines related to collateral and asset collection required for the virtual event, proactively seeking out information from key stakeholders, and following up in a timely manner, when necessary.
- Provide status updates to internal and external stakeholders on pre-production milestones to ensure successful delivery on the day of the event.
- Conduct pre-event and post-event debriefs for our internal stakeholders.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree preferred, high school diploma (or equivalent) in combination with significant experience will be considered in lieu of degree. Minimum of high school diploma or equivalent is required.
- 3+ years relevant working experience is required
- Experience supporting virtual conferences (meetings, webcasts, webinars)
- Leadership or management experience
- Ability to communicate clearly, confidently and persuasively with internal stakeholders to provide topline, best-in-class support services
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills - willing to roll up your sleeves and do what needs to be done
- Ability to learn quickly and operate autonomously in a fast-paced and unpredictable environment
- Strong project management and planning skills
- Capacity to manage multiple events at the same time, pivoting quickly as priorities shift
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite to include PowerPoint, Excel, and Word
- Computer skills with an aptitude for troubleshooting
- Works independently or as a member of a team, while productively engaging with others at varying levels of seniority within and outside Advisor Group
- Strong organizational and time management skills with exceptional attention to detail with ability to prioritize work
- Able to multi-task and remain calm under pressure while having a great phone/web presence
- Excellent written/oral communication skills with a positive mindset and willingness to learn
- Firsthand experience with virtual event platforms preferred
- Experience video editing in Final Cut Pro X or Adobe Premiere a plus
- Understanding of modern streaming technology preferred