Wealth Management Opportunity in Financial Services
Internal Advisory Consultant
Location: ALL LOCATIONS & REMOTE
The Internal Advisory Consultant role will be responsible for the internal wealth management sales effort for a specific region. In this capacity, they will partner with the dedicated Regional Consultant in promoting the adoption and use of the firm's Wealth Management Platform (WMP). The Internal Advisory Consultant will report to the VP - Advisory Services.
- Field platform related inquiries through the internal sales call queue. The scope of calls received is designed to be focused on platform knowledge development and sales-related topics (e.g. program and manager selection).
- Leverage expansive platform knowledge to convert inquiries into sales opportunities.
- Execute a proactive lead generation strategy and conduct data analysis to identify sales opportunities in their region. Work in partnership with the Regional Consultant in order to drive sales, grow regional AUM, and support the retention of advisors.
- Consult advisors on the structure of their advisory businesses, adoption of the right programs for optimal productivity and efficiency, and selection of appropriate investment solutions across strategists and managers. Overcoming objections and changing advisor behavior are skills that are integral in this role.
- Educate and develop advisors to evolve and grow their businesses. Concepts outside of platform education and investments will include, but not limited to, client segmentation, outsourcing to strategists, adoption of financial planning, and fee setting.
- Engage advisors with non-advisory business models to convert advisor businesses to fees.
- Participate in call campaigns to highlight benefits of WMP, new enhancements, managers etc.
- Promote all national and regional field meetings related to WMP as well as corporate events such as national conferences and regional events. (Attendance at these events may be required)
- All Interactions are expected to be logged in firm's CRM system.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree Preferred, H.S. Diploma or GED certificate + Significant Practical Experience will be considered
- Minimum 3 years of experience in advisory support and/or sales
- Enthusiastic sales-focused personality - bold attitude regarding business development
- Quick learner and ability to introduce a complex subject matter in clear articulate fashion
- Experience in lead qualification, pre-call planning, scripting, and execution of call campaigns
- Deep experience working directly with financial advisors
- Comfortable, persistent and gracious on the telephone
- Ability to work independently with high level of organization and time management skills
- Tenacity to make calls and generate desired outcomes
- Proficient in Excel, including creation and maintenance of tracking spreadsheets
- Knowledgeable on financial services and key wealth management concepts
- FINRA Series 7 and/or 66
- Experience with Envestnet platform