Small / Mid-Cap Biotechnology Opportunity in Financial Services
Location(s): 277 Park Avenue, New York, NY 10172
We are looking for a Research Associate to join our Small/Mid-Cap Biotechnology team within Ladenburg Thalmann, a member of Advisor Group. Working with a Senior Biotechnology Analyst you will have a high level of responsibility and be empowered to make an important contribution. The ideal candidate possesses a life science background and an interest in the development of successful companies. We make a strong commitment to Associate development and give you opportunities to rapidly gain visibility and incremental responsibility.
We look for team players who seek a highly rigorous and collegial environment for their career development. These are typically two to four-year positions with outstanding growth potential. Historically, our associate positions have proven to be excellent platforms for successful professional careers in financial services industry.
- Analyze clinical and preclinical data to assess the pros and cons of a developing asset, often in relation to competing medical discoveries
- Acquire expertise in your sector working with a Senior Analyst who is a seasoned industry expert
- Become proficient at developing in-depth analysis of your industry and companies
- Demonstrate thoughtful leadership of and make significant contributions to our highly differentiated written product
- Associates are responsible for writing and producing equity research reports, company initiations, and marketing presentations--often under very tight time constraints;
- Develop relationships with institutional clients, sales, trading as well as interact with senior management of companies in your industry
- Perform all other duties as assigned
- Advanced life sciences or medical degree required. Preferably combined with MBA or finance designations such as the CFA, ACA, or CPA.
- Track records of outstanding academic performance, including honors and awards. Academic credentials typically include test scores and grades in the 90th percentile and above.
- Two to four years' experience in the life sciences sector in a consulting, research or commercial capacity
- Relentless intellectual curiosity and a drive to excel at the highest level
- Proven ability to analyze and interpret scientific/academic papers and literature
- Strong writing and analytical skills.
- FINRA Series 7 or SIE designation preferred and encouraged.