Enterprise Risk Management Opportunity in Financial Services
Location(s): 12325 Port Grace Blvd, La Vista, NE 68128
This position provides support to Enterprise Risk Management function by participating in facilitating risk assessments, maintaining and updating records, and generating reports to support the Company's risk profile and enterprise risks that may impact the Company. This position reports to the Director of ERM.
The responsibility also includes coordinating with appropriate control groups (internal and external) in planning and executing assigned work. Work performed will include coverage of functional and operating units and focusing on compliance, financial, IT, and operational processes.
Why Advisor Group
- Competitive salary and annual bonus paid based on performance
- Generous time off package, including paid time off, paid holidays, and paid time to volunteer in the community
- Immediate access to extensive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, basic life insurance, long and short-term disability coverage and much more
- 401(k) match from day one of employment
- Referral bonuses if we hire your referred applicants to our open positions
- An enriching and engaging career in financial services - our employees overwhelmingly report that they find meaning and purpose in their day to day work
- Executive leader access and interaction in all our locations due to flat structure, open office environments, town halls and speed mentoring events
- New, professional, and collaborative working environment where parking is provided
- Brand new facility
- Assist in the establishment and review of the enterprise risk management plan and cross-company risk assessments in order to identify and evaluate enterprise risks.
- Supports interactions with Internal Audit and other control functions related to our work, as applicable.
- Analyzes information to proactively identify risks, trends, and process improvements; supports reporting on risk topics to management.
- Stays current on the changing regulatory environment and understand the impacts to our efforts.
- Assists and supports project and program delivery, including project and process management, reporting, facilitation of senior leadership meetings, drafting and reviewing materials for senior management and the Board of directors, and other governance activities.
- Participates in risk and other management forums and contributes to continuous improvement of risk and project / program management practices.
- Participate as a team member or team leader on various special projects requiring analytical and risk assessment skills.
- Be a role model for the company's values and demonstrate the highest ethical standards.
- Investigate newly identified risks for inclusion in enterprise risk assessment.
- Help management of corporate functions and business groups maintain good systems of internal control.
- Promote proper internal control practices within the company.
- All other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree Preferred, H.S. Diploma or GED certificate + Significant Practical Experience will be considered
- 2+ years previous enterprise risk management, risk analysis and assessment, or internal audit experience
- Understanding of risk management practices and methodology, including a solid understanding of internal control
- Ability to travel
- Excellent analytical skills
- Ability to resolve problems and make decisions independently
- Excellent verbal and written communications
- Skilled in operating personal computer and various software packages (Microsoft Office, Outlook, Excel, etc.)
- Series 7 and 66 (or 63/65)
- Knowledge of FINRA, SEC and compliance rules and regulations
- Risk management or Audit Certification (CRMA, CIA, CFSA, CCSA or CPA)