Sales Enablement Opportunity in Financial Services / Wealth Management
Business Development Specialist
Location(s): This position is open to remote candidates
As a Business Development Specialist (BDS) at Advisor Group, you will be responsible for identifying and helping to develop strategic relationships with key prospects. Through research, cold calling, emailing, and social selling, the BDS aims to generate high quality sales leads and assist Sales with developing a strong pipeline of new business opportunities. This position will work across Marketing, Operations and Sales to fill the sales funnel with valuable sales opportunities and convert those opportunities to sales wins.
- Building and sustaining consultative selling skills, AG capabilities expertise, AG competitive positioning strategies, and general financial services industry knowledge.
- Articulating AG's value proposition and the benefits of the full suite of AG capabilities across the wealth management firms.
- Using multiple channels including phone call, Zoom, email, and social networks, engage key prospects, identify qualified sales leads and set meetings for the external recruiters in the wealth management firms.
- Execute on monthly prospecting campaigns using the campaign toolkits.
- Utilizing consultative selling skills, stimulate the interest of prospects through engaging content and storytelling, and uncover pain points through thoughtful discovery questions.
- Assess the needs of prospects and match the needs with the capabilities of the wealth management firms.
- Gather key information such as phone numbers, websites and emails and track in Salesforce.
- Source leads from multiple channels and develop a consistent and measurable lead management process.
- Become a super-user of Salesforce by creating lists, tracking all sales activities, documenting information, and managing leads, contacts, accounts, and opportunities.
- In partnership with the external recruiters and business intelligence, regularly fine-tune targeting criteria.
- Proactively follow-up with recruiters to ensure meetings are conducted on-time and to gather information about next steps.
- Assist recruiters with pipeline management by monitoring meeting and opportunity activity.
- Participate in 1:1s with team leads to manage pipeline health, better understand target markets, firm capabilities, lead quality and funnel needs.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree preferred, high school diploma (or equivalent) in combination with significant experience will be considered in lieu of degree. Minimum of high school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a B2B sales, or complex retail sales. Financial services experience is a plus.
- Excellent written and oral communications
- Excellent customer service motivation and abilities
- Self-Motivated, possesses good problem-solving skills
- Ability to multi-task and work requests to completion
- Candidate must demonstrate strong willingness to learn
- Ability to execute tasks in a timely manner
- FINRA Series 6/7, 66 (or 63/65) licenses preferred
- Experience in Wealth Management, Financial Services, FinTech space