Business Development Opportunity in Financial Services
Senior Vice President, Recruiting - FSC Securities
Location: 2300 Windy Ridge Parkway Atlanta, GA 30339
This position is also open to remote candidates.
The SVP, Recruiting is accountable for the overall strategy and execution in growing the population of independent financial professionals to FSC Securities, a member of Advisor Group. The SVP provides strategic direction for the FSC recruiting team including strategic leadership, hiring and training team members, goal setting, performance management and coaching. Additionally, the SVP is responsible for developing and communicating the annual department business plan.
This position reports to the EVP of Recruiting & Revenue Acquisitions, and encompasses the strategic direction related to: Top-Tier financial professional acquisition; sourcing, brand awareness, transition and post-affiliation.
- Work with SVP Sales Enablement to create sales training and coaching programs.
- Provide sales training and coaching to Recruiters and direct reports
- Oversee and support recruitment of qualified financial professionals by directing work efforts of staff; developing leads; and contacting prospective representatives to determine suitability of current business with AG/FSC strategies, goals, and compliance procedures
- Manage the FSC Recruiting team to achieve annual recruiting goals as established by the firm
- Create a business plan that sets production and activity goals that will drive success in achieving the team goals
- Conduct thorough due diligence on all prospective financial professionals
- Prepare and deliver formal business presentations to qualified prospective representatives highlighting AG/WMF products, technology, and service. Answer questions and utilize sales techniques to recruit business
- Provide prospective representatives with continued, on-going contact through personal phone calls, visits, and written communications
- Attend HOVs to support recruiting efforts of recruiting team.
- Represent AG / FSC at various trade shows, conferences, and seminars.
- Prepare activity reports for the EVP Recruiting and Sales Enablement including sales metrics, actual appointments and future projections
- Keep abreast of and monitor industry trends and developments
- Participate in new business development ventures and strategic recruiting efforts as needed
- All other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree preferred, high school diploma (or equivalent) in combination with significant experience will be considered in lieu of degree. Minimum of high school diploma or equivalent is required.
- 10+ years relevant industry experience
- FINRA Series 7 and 63/65 (or 66) required
- Track record of successful recruiting into the independent financial professional industry
- Ability to influence high-level decision makers
- Thorough knowledge of broker/dealer products and operations
- Strong understanding of the financial services industry and field distribution systems
- Financial, operational, marketing, financial services compliance acumen
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook) and CRM's; ability to learn and demonstrate proprietary systems
- Strong focus on customer service
- Attention to detail, good organizational skills, ability to prioritize, and ability to work in a multi-task environment
- Strong public speaking skills
- Ability to prioritize goals and needs of representative and coordination of home office teams (Transition Team, Compliance, Product Marketing, and Technology)
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Decision-making, particularly in a high-growth and risk-charged environment
- FINRA Series 24 preferred.
- Life/Health insurance license
- Project management skills