Customer Service Specialist Opportunity in Financial Services
Rep Relations Specialist
Location(s): 12325 Port Grace Blvd, La Vista, NE 68128
The primary responsibility of this position is to answer inquiries from Company Representatives received via the phones, e-mail, voicemail and fax, and conduct research on operational and procedural issues.
Why Advisor Group
- Competitive salary and annual bonus paid based on performance
- Generous time off package, including paid time off, paid holidays, and paid time to volunteer in the community
- Immediate access to extensive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, basic life insurance, long and short-term disability coverage and much more
- 401(k) match from day one of employment
- Referral bonuses if we hire your referred applicants to our open positions
- An enriching and engaging career in financial services - our employees overwhelmingly report that they find meaning and purpose in their day to day work
- Executive leader access and interaction in all our locations due to flat structure, open office environments, town halls and speed mentoring events
- Accurately define nature of call/email and determine customer's needs
- Answer telephone, email, and fax inquiries from company representatives as required.
- Act as primary contact and advocate for registered representatives and their staff on operational and procedural issues as assigned.
- Actively support the departmental goals by staying attentive to the phone system queues.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationship with all contacts (reps, assistants, vendors, and internal staff.)
- Demonstrates the ability to reach decisions promptly and implement appropriate action, deferring to manager only when appropriate.
- Stays readily available for incoming calls, adjusting to changes in call volume to effectively meet demand and reduce wait time when volume is at its peak
- Ability to recognize the red flags of fraudulent activities and how to report suspicious activities to the proper parties.
- All other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree preferred, high school diploma (or equivalent) in combination with significant experience will be considered in lieu of degree. Minimum of high school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Ability to consistently meet and maintain established department quality/quantity standards
- Ability to continually stay current with industry and company policies and procedures
- Ability to investigate and research situations
- Ability to organize, prioritize and handle multiple tasks
- Ability to pay close attention to detail, work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to provide a high level of customer service by anticipating and meeting the needs of representatives and their staff.
- Ability to defuse volatile situations
- Ability to take complete and accurate notes
- Ability to work and remain focused under pressure
- Ability to participate and contribute in a team environment
- Skill in operating various office equipment and software programs.
- Skills in verbal and written communication
- Preferred 2 years previous industry experience and/or 1 year SAI experience preferred. This may include 1-2 years previous customer service and/or securities/financial related experience
- Previous customer service experience preferred