Brokerage Operations Opportunity in Financial Services
Field Operations & Services Coordinator, Highland Capital Brokerage
Location: 2002 Renaissance Blvd # 220, King of Prussia, PA 19406, but
will consider remote with travel as required.
We have an opportunity for a Field Operations & Services Coordinator within Highland Capital Brokerage, a member of Advisor Group. This position is responsible for the support of the firm's local field office related operations and needs including but not limited to, providing administrative support, and ensuring the maintenance of a professional work environment for all staff and visitors. Support the VP of Life Operations in all aspects and in a variety of different functions and projects. Additional support Top Tier Sales Personnel in an Executive Assistant Capacity.
- Provide professional, pleasant first point of contact for the office and greet visitors in a highly professional and friendly manner
- Open/Distribute/Log/Sort all incoming mail, FedEx package and other deliveries as well as faxes. Handle outgoing mail/packages, posting/weighing and overseeing collection or drop with proper courier
- Perform general office duties such as ordering supplies, answering phones, watering plants, minor common area clean up etc.
- Keep office equipment/machines in working order with supplies adequately stocked, and initiate service calls where necessary in conjunction with IT support
- Assist where necessary in troubleshooting safety, service, operational, and IT issues prior to involving additional resources
- Act as point person for local meeting arrangements/events/outings/lunches etc.
- Serve as the liaison for any Property Management and facilities' needs related to the office lease, such as facility closures, notices etc.
- Be the field/local first point of contact for any severe weather or other emergency closings and be responsible for communicating such events to the VP of Life Ops and or Human Resources contact, as well as staff affected by any potential office closures
- Responsibility to track POS (Policy Holder Service) in compliance with the Highland adopted policy, all the while working to minimize the amount of correspondence received by carriers
- Order IFL's requests as required by the VP's and Managing Director's and follow through to completion
- Provide information requested by EIS (APS Vendor) on Pre-Invoices and subsequently work on reconciling invoices received on informal to placed cases for submission to carriers for reimbursement
- Assist with input of NIS (Not in System) cases into the App Tracking system
- Review and forward AP invoices to Corporate Accounting for payment
- Forward incoming commission checks to addressee (broker or HCB Corporate Commissions). Work with commissions accounting/carriers to minimize checks & copies of commissions statements received locally
- Order necessary stationery items and business cards for the local office and VP's as needed
- Work on projects as they arise or are assigned by the VP of Operations
Enhanced support to Top-Tier Sales Personnel:
- Facilitate the scheduling, confirmation, and follow-up for specific exam requirements.
- Provide supplemental assistance to expedite the retrieval of medical records necessary for underwriting
- Coordinate the collection of all information necessary to ensure that new business and supplemental paperwork is completed entirely and accurately before being submitted for processing
- Manage the collection of all medical information for Informal Inquiries and package results for Case Manager and/ or Underwriter review
- Pro-actively communicate regular updates on tasks completed and still pending.
- Provide Forms and Application packets as needed
- Work with carriers to obtain POS information for agents/clients of the VP as needed
- Create and maintain files for active cases
- Submit and follow up on changes to existing cases, i.e. rate changes, class etc.
- Manage team calendars and schedule meetings, seminars etc.
- Provide FedEx and mailing labels as needed
- Input new agents/leads into AI and CRM systems
- Create Marketing Kits as needed for meetings
- Assist with Expense report gathering and filing
- Assist VP's with requests for ad hoc reports, compliance approvals, expense submission, etc.
Collect, Analyze, and Present Data:
- Utilize various internal reporting systems to retrieve and organize data.
- Generate ad hoc reports as required
- Request, track, and verify In Force ledgers and current policy values.
- Regularly review data to make on-going corrections and revisions to ensure accuracy of system information.
- Train and assist Sales VP's with input and required reporting in CRM system
- Work independently and within a team on special, non-recurring and ongoing projects, drawing in other resources from within the company as needed.
- Design general correspondences, memos, invoices, charts, business plans, power point presentations, et cetera.
- All other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree Preferred, H.S. Diploma or GED certificate + Significant Practical Experience will be considered
- 2+ years of work experience in an administrative/office management role
- 1+ years of experience in a Brokerage General Agency or Life Insurance Carrier environment
- Display strong organizational skills, detail oriented and possess the ability to multi-task effectively
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel, Word, Power Point, Teams, Share Point etc.
- Exhibit professional demeanor, positive outlook, strong people skills and customer service focus
- Ability to prioritize tasks in order of importance, and adapt to unforeseen changes
- Exemplary communication Skills, both written and verbal
- Able to work independently, pro-actively, within a team environment and self-motivated
- Able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment as well as a virtual team environment
- Adept to new technology as needed
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Excel, including ability to create macros, pivot tables, charts, formulas, and analyzing data
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite including planning meetings, creating, scheduling and delegating tasks, sharing and configuring calendars
- Ability to work effectively within multiple web browsers
- Business writing skills - Intermediate level
- Able to learn new technology as needed
- Ability to train others on in house proprietary technology/programs including CRM
- Exemplary communication skills, both written and verbal
- High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive information and communicate effectively with individuals of various personality-types
- Self-motivated and able to work pro-actively for best results
- Able to work well with others as team- both in person and in a virtual environment
- Strong Problem-solving skills
- Strong sense of accountability and follow-up
- Ability to multi-task effectively
- Concentration despite interruption
- Detail oriented
- Multitasking and project management